Thursday, February 10, 2011

June's gonna be fun!!!

I have finally been given the go ahead to post the good news about the new babies in our family.  Mike and I are going to have not 1, not 2, but THREE new babies added to our extended family in June this year!!!!  This is a post that will tell you how we found out about each of the new additions to our family.

Mark & Angela
Mark and Angela use email as their preferred method of sharing good news.  I think it's because then they can tell everyone at once!  On October 25, 2010 Angela, Ann, and I had been emailing back and forth about our upcoming trip to Canton.  We were all super excited about the trip!  That morning Angela sent us an email talking about the trip.  She concluded the email with, "It's going to be fun...well mostly ;)"  I was a little confused about why it would only be "mostly fun" until I scrolled down and under "Love, A" was a ticker.  It was a ticker that said she was 7.5 weeks pg!  I knew they had been trying to get pregnant and was sooooooo excited for them!  I immediately called Angela and found out that she'd been suffering from really bad all-day sickness (which was why she said the trip would be "mostly fun").  Ann and I had fun in Canton with a pregnant Angela.  She wore anti-nausea bands on her wrists (they looked like sweat bands for exercising) and was always snacking on something.  I think we stopped at every vendor in Canton that was giving away free food samples! 

Fast forward to January 18th.  The all-day sickness is now just a fading memory and it's the day of the big sonogram.  Everyone is praying that the baby is healthy and that they're able to find out the gender!  Their appointment was at 10 am and when we hadn't heard anything by 1:30 pm I was starting to worry!!  I talked with Ann (who assured me they were probably just getting lunch after the appt) and waited until almost 2 pm before texting Mark to see if they were still at the dr's office.  He replied, "Angela's about to send an email and that's all I'm allowed to say."  So I sat there anxiously waiting  for the email!  Finally it came.  The baby is healthy!  Praise the Lord!  They were also able find out the gender.  The email said, "Now, I suppose everyone is wondering about the sex...and you all know what I have been saying this child was since the beginning [she'd been saying girl]. Mark and I are undecided on whether or not we should tell everyone just yet or just make you wait until the baby is born. :) I will tell you this for now...attached is a picture of the outfit we purchased after we found out this morning. You do the math :)" 

 
YAY!!!!  A girl!  We're super excited for them!  Brody was over the moon that it's a girl.  (He's been dying for someone in our family to have a baby girl!)  I found out yesterday that they've decided on a name. 
Laney Kaye is due June 10, 2011
Here's a cute picture of her sweet, little feet from their last sonogram.  (She didn't cooperate for a good profile picture.)  I'm gonna be kissing these little feet in a few months!
The doctor is wanting to do the c-section at 37 weeks, however, Mark and Angela are hoping to make it to 38 weeks.  So even though she's due in June, she'll most likely be born at the end of May.  I can't wait!!!



Tyler & Ann

Little did Angela and I know that Ann was also pregnant on our trip to Canton!  Tyler had given her strict instructions NOT to tell me...he wanted them to be able to tell all of our family together!  I think this was pretty hard for her since we talk on a daily basis!  In fact, she gave me clues which made me believe that they had NOT gotten pregnant that month! We found out later that the reason she insisted on pushing our Canton cart all day was so that she could sneak bites of all the snacks Angela brought with us.  She too suffered from morning sickness.

On November 13th Tyler and Ann had our family, Daddy Steve & Namaw, and Caleb & Audria over for dinner.  After we arrived I was standing in the kitchen talking to Ann.  I was telling her how much I was enjoying Jennifer's series that I'd downloaded online.  She knew that I was talking about a teacher from their church, but Daddy Steve (who was standing nearby) thought we were talking about Jennifer Lopez!  lol  Mid sentence I looked up and noticed there was a new picture on their mantle.  I looked a little closer and saw this...

 
I just looked at Ann and said, "Is that what I think it is?!?!?!?"  She just nodded with a big grin...and then I started screaming and jumping up and down!  Then we were hugging and jumping up and down!  Daddy Steve stood there looking TOTALLY confused!  I told him and Namaw to just go look at the fireplace...then they finally got it and were super excited.  Daddy Steve started laughing and said, "I thought y'all were talking about J Lo and couldn't figure out why y'all were excitedly screaming about her!" lol  Mike and Tyler were back in the Foosball table room (now baby's room) and when Mike heard my screaming he turned to Tyler and said, "Well...I guess congratulations are in order!  Staci would only be screaming like that if she just found out Ann was pregnant!"  He knows me so well ;)

Fast forward to February 7th.  The morning sickness is now in the past for Ann.  The sonogram (to see if the baby's healthy...and hopefully tell the gender) was originally scheduled for February 1st...but then we had a massive winter storm which closed the doctor's office for the rest of the week.  Thankfully they were able to get their appointment scheduled for Monday morning.  As soon as their appointment was over Tyler sent out a text...."We're having a BOY!"  Here's a picture from their sonogram at 19 weeks...


Tyler and Ann's baby doesn't have a name yet, however, I'm pretty sure it won't be Hortense (like GG suggested)!  I can't wait to hold and kiss on this sweet, little boy!
Baby H is due July 1, 2011




Caleb & Audria 
 
Even though their baby isn't due last...we found out about Caleb and Audria's pregnancy last.  It was Christmas Day. Our boys had just been spoiled by numerous presents from everyone. We'd been talking about how Ann (the pregnant girl at the party) was feeling a lot that morning and even had a little gift for their Baby H.  After the gifts had been opened, Caleb stood up like he was going to get something and said, "We have one more present.....but you'll have to wait a few months for it....because it's in Audria's tummy!" Aaaaaaaaaaa! Can you imagine all the screams of joy that went up throughout the room?!? We were so excited for them! We were even more excited when we found out that Audria was almost 15 weeks pregnant and was actually due 9 days before Ann (ironic because Audria is exactly 9 days older than Ann!)

It's fun to think back about all the times we'd been together in the past few months where they had a secret (that they were pg) and we had NO CLUE!  Halloween Party, Thanksgiving, Tyler's Birthday, Tyler & Ann's "announcement dinner"!  I have no idea how they were able to keep it a secret for so long!  They said that they were wanting to wait and tell us once they found out the gender, but they knew they wouldn't be able to keep it hidden while vacationing with the family in Red River.  Audria had a lot of all-day sickness.  She was on meds to help with the nausea and still struggled to make it through the day.  I can't even tell you how excited all of us were for them!  (In another note, it sure makes the waiting go by faster for all of us when we don't find out about the pregnancy until almost 1/2 way through! lol)

The Monday after we got back from New Mexico, Audria had a sonogram and they told her they could tell the gender of the baby. They weren't expecting to find out at that doctor's appointment (their big sonogram wasn't supposed to be until the end of January).  Since Caleb wasn't with her, she had them write it down and put it in an envelope for her to open with Caleb. He called us after work that night and let us know that they are going to have a SON! So exciting! I just love little boys :) 
Baby H is due June 22, 2011
Here's a cute picture of my nephew.  It's from a 3D sonogram they had when Audria was 19 weeks.  Isn't he so cute!  I can't wait to hold him!!!
 

I can't help but think about how fun it would be if our adoption came to fruition this summer and God also blessed our family with a precious little one!  No matter what he has in store...I'll be getting a baby fix come June!  Yay!!!!

10 comments:

Cousin Julie said...

I can't wait!!!!

Ann Hastings said...

Super exciting, we are all so blessed!

Leave It To Davis said...

I sat here the entire time I read this with tears streaming down my face. God has blessed this family. I am so excited for Mark and Angela! I already knew about Ann and Audria, but it still made me cry when I read your description of the announcements. And what beautiful babies!!! (already!) I can't wait to get to hold them, too. (that is if Brody and you will give them up for a few seconds!lol) Love you all....I know Daddy is proud as a peacock up in Heaven!!!

Leave It To Davis said...

lol while I read this....see, I am still crying!

Mom said...

Life continues to be so much fun! I can't wait to hold those babies. Just don't have them on the same day at two different hospitals!

Steve and Joan said...

All I can say is "Wow"!

Unknown said...

SO EXCITING! I'd totally have to know if phone calls were made to get the timing so perfect. (lol) ;)

Noël V. said...

I always read your blog Staci, but never comment. This is, however, an entry that I can't pass by...yippee!! I'm so excited too because "ya'll" are kind of like unofficial family to Patrick and me. I know that these little babies will be loved so much and grow into amazing people who love God! What a special legacy your family has :)

Amy said...

How Exciting!! As you know, I too, love babies! I love all the Hastings having boys - that is fun.

P.S. I have all the maternity clothes from Anna, Beverly and Lianne - can Ann or Audria use them? Let me know and will bring them by!

Angela Fleming said...

i almost died from excitement when reading this, even though I don't know Tyler's wife or Mike's side of the family... there just must be something in the water!! God is so good!!