Friday, February 25, 2011

Fun times with old friends

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Justin & Christy were the first friends we made when we moved to Sterling, KS in 2000.  Mike and Justin were on the football team together and played the same position.  We hung out with them a lot over the next 2 years.  In 2001 they asked us to go do dinner with them and another couple "named Ben & Julie".  They told us that they thought we had a lot in common with Ben & Julie and thought we'd really like them.  They had no clue that were introducing us to the people that would become some of our best friends and who we would spend countless hours with on vacations, rock walls, and mountain peaks. 

Justin & Christy live about an hour from us, so we invited them over while Ben & Julie were in town.  I'm sad that I can't find a picture of the 6 of us from Sterling (Christy or Julie can you scan and email me your copy?!?), but we look a little different almost 10 years later.  This picture may not look much different from the one we took on July 4, 2002...
but THIS one sure does!!!!!   This isn't everyone either...Justin & Christy's daughter, Brooklyn, was sleeping in the other room.  We are officially outnumbered!
I didn't take many pictures tonight because I was so busy talking and having fun.  The kids played outside most of the afternoon/evening and the guys went out there and played with them a lot. 

Sylvia, Brody, Barrett, Malachi, Mikayla, and Gabriel (not pictured:  Brooklyn)
Once it got too dark to play outside, the boys armed themselves with an assortment of guns!  It got noisy for a while until we turned on a movie...but even then we had to keep turning up the movie so they could hear it over the adults talking/laughing....which made us talk louder to hear each other...and them ask for the movie louder....  lol
 
I just had to post this picture.  I set my camera up to try to get a group shot and Julie was being my model.  I didn't know this picture happened until I was looking at the pictures on my camera.  Hilarious!

We had so much fun tonight!  I hope it's not another 10 years before we're all together again! 

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh what a blessing to have such deep, wonderful friendships that can endure through years and moving and so many other life changes!

D said...

WOW!!! So great to see you guys in picture and see your kids! Glad you got to get together! That looks like so much fun! My greetings to everyone!!!

-Dorinda