Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Bacheolor ain't got nothin' on Barrett!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Ok...I'll admit it.  I'm a reality show junkie.  I love shows like The Biggest Loser, The Bachelor, Survivor, Top Shot, and (my favorite) The Amazing Race.  On The Bachelor, there are always girls in the swimming pool....but do you think they'd be in the pool if it was winter time?!?  Well, Mikayla was all about impressing Barrett by showing him how tough she is!  (Ok...so maybe they're only 2 years old, and there's no romantic interest, and they were really just having fun in the pool....but maybe when they're in college they'll fall in love and get married...and then we'll get to visit CO more than once a year...and these pictures will be super cute in their wedding video!)
"Barrett, do you dare me to get in the freezing cold pool?"
"It's not so bad."
"I mean.  Really.  If anyone thinks this water is cold they're a sissy!"
 
"Wow!  The longer you stand here the less you feel your toes!"
"Whew!  Maybe I was wrong!  I'm not sure if I can feel my feet at all!"
"It's ok girl.  Just act tough.  He'll never know that you're hoping from foot to foot so that you keep feeling in your toes!"
(I should try to empathize with her.  I'll act like I'm cold too....)"Brrrrrr!"
 
"See Barrett, that wasn't so bad!  Actually, I think I like swimming in February.  My dad is always telling me about swimming in ice melt pools in the mountains.  I think I'll join him next time he goes."
 
Barrett - "I think it's time to go ask our mommies to wrap us up in a warm towel.  I'm cold just watching you swim!"

5 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

HILLARIOUS captions!!!! Great job again! These are sooooo cute. And you are right...should they get married, they would be great at the wedding!

(my word verification is slypturd....that is making me laugh, too....maybe you just warmed me up to laugh at that....I have such a good time on your blog!!)

Jessica said...

STACI!! This is SO FUNNY!!! LOL! Oh my goodness - hilarious *and* cute. Perfect captions. I might have to share this post.

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I told one of my sons (the senior) that he needed to just marry (lovely girl) that he was in love with from age 4 to 9. I love her and her parents. Perfect match - Right?!? After all - it's all about inlaw relationshps? Right? I have this precious picture of them standing together age 5 at the hospital when my littlest guy was born - and she's holding the baby. See - my son, lovely girl, holding baby? What an awesome picture for the rehearsal dinner video? Right? Pictures MEAN something! LOL

BTW - Barrett is one of my 5 favorite names!!!!!

Paula said...

Proof that kids have no internal thermostat. Enjoyed your picture-story.

Debbie said...

Love these pictures, Staci! And the captions are priceless!