Monday, April 05, 2010

Tender Heart

This morning Brody and Barrett were playing with Jayden while I was getting dressed for work. Angela and Jayden are spending two nights with us...and the boys think it's so much fun! Brody is excited that he gets to see them so many days in one week (Thursday night, Friday during the sale, Sunday night, Monday, and Tuesday)!!

I was fixing my hair when Brody walked into the bathroom. He had his hand clenched by his side and a very serious look on his face. He suddenly said, "Here Mommy" and reached his hand up to mine. As I reached out my hand he placed 6 quarters in my hand. I said, "What's this?" He told me that it was all the money from the Easter eggs he had found yesterday. "Why are you handing it to me?" His answer brought tears to my eyes....

"I want to use my Easter egg money to adopt our baby!"

I didn't argue. Instead, I bent down and (with tears in my eyes) gave him a big hug. I told him that I was proud of him for being so selfless and I put the money in my pocket to take to the bank with the other money from the garage sale. Our new baby has a brother that already loves him/her so much...and I couldn't be more proud of this simple act of love from my 3 year old son!

7 comments:

GG said...

Such a touching blog. When I make my gift to you it will not compare with what Body has given. Such a precious little boy.

Laura said...

So sweet!

Steve and Joan said...

Brotherly love is strong!

Ann Hastings said...

That is adorable- I love that Brody is so selfless!

Unknown said...

He is so loving - I could not keep the tears back as I read about his unselfless giving of all he had to help adopt the blessed baby.

Jamie said...

Such a aweet post today! Well they are all wonderful! You guys have done an amazing job as parents- really shows through all these sweet stories.

Grammy said...

How absolutely precious!