Thursday, April 29, 2010

Daddy Time

Tonight after dinner we went on a family walk. Brody on his new bike, Barrett in the stroller, and Mike and I walked. When we got home it was time for the Mavs game. Mike and the boys headed into the media room to watch the game while I swept the kitchen. Before long Brody came out and said, "Daddy said there's a big tub of Lincoln Logs in the top of your closet and he wants you to bring them to the media room!" After checking with Mike (to make sure he'd really asked for them), I got down the Lincoln Logs (that I bought at a garage sale and was planning to give to the boys as a present at some point in time). Mike had declared that there weren't enough Lincoln Logs in Brody's little box to build anything. Guess they don't have that problem anymore!

FYI: I am not capable of building a structure like the one seen above...unless I have step by step directions! That being said, what do you want to bet that Brody will ask me to build "a house like Daddy built" sometime in the next week? Maybe I should go back in there and take pictures from all angles.

Barrett may have been more of a hindrance than a help while they were trying to build, but he had some special "Daddy time" earlier in the day. After dinner Mike sat down in the living room with his laptop. Barrett started saying, "puter! puter!" (meaning computer). He went and found his laptop and climbed up in the chair beside Daddy. So cute!