Thursday, April 01, 2010

Cowgirl

I have been a Texan for 30 years now, however, I have never owned a "real" pair of boots! Mike had been telling me for a while that he thought I should get a pair of boots, so I went to DSW and got a pair of cute boots with a heel on them. Sure, they killed my feet...but I thought they were pretty cute...and sometimes there are sacrifices to looking cute...right?

Well...those weren't the kind of boots Mike was talking about. I was so excited when he showed me what he thought I should get. He showed me pictures of "real" cowgirl boots! Ones without a heel! Ones that are actually comfortable to wear (and in his/my opinion...still cute!)

A week or so ago Beverly said that she was wanting to get some boots, so I jumped at the chance! Beverly, Anna, and I (oh...and I can't forget Caleb, Anna's baby) went to Cavender's on Tuesday night. Both Beverly and I got a "real" pair of cowgirl boots! I guess it's official...after 30 years I have proof that I'm a Texan.

(We got a picture of us together in the store...but we forgot to show the boots in the picture! I'll model them for you later.)

2 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

Can't wait to see the boots :)

Robin said...

I got my real pair of cowboy boots over Christmas. My husband insisted all real Texans need some. Enjoy!