Thursday, February 11, 2010

SNOW DAY!!!

For the past few days (since I've been sick), I haven't gotten up at 5 to go to the gym. Instead I've been trying to sleep an extra hour or so to try to get well. This morning Brody was at the side of my bed at 6:25 saying, "Mommy! The entire grass is covered in SNOW!"

I was confused. It wasn't supposed to start snowing until noon today. Brody pulled the blinds in my room back so that I could see that he was serious. He was right. The backyard was covered in snow! We hurried to eat breakfast and get dressed to go outside and play.

Surprisingly, Brody's preschool wasn't cancelled today. They were having their Valentine's Day party and pizza for lunch...but Brody said he'd rather stay home and play in the snow with me and Barrett. I called the school and told them that we were declaring it a snow day at our house. Some schools are closed and others are letting out early. I think the storm arriving sooner than expected took everyone by surprise!




This picture was taken at 10:00 am. We already have 2 1/2 inches of snow on the ground and it hasn't let up yet! It's snowing the big, beautiful snowflakes. I wonder how much we'll end up getting?



After the recycle truck came by, we decided to use the recycle bin to have some fun. The boys climbed inside and I pushed them down the sidewalk. They were having so much fun! (I'm not sure why Barrett started to cry when I took a picture.) The recycle truck was turning down a street by us and noticed us outside. They backed up to our house, asked if we had anything for them to put in the truck (I think they meant the boys), and then told us to have fun.


Barrett decided that my goretex gloves were better than his cotton mittens...especially since they kept his entire arm warm and dry!


"Why do we have to go inside right now?!?" (Because Mama's frozen and needs to thaw...and because everyone had snotty noses and I didn't have a Kleenex in my pocket!)

Barrett had crazy hair when we took his stocking hat off.

Mike emailed and said that he's going to head our way at noon. He's gonna stop and pick up pizza for lunch (since Brody's missing pizza day at school). I'm sure there will be more snow pictures to come...
(The great thing about snow days in Texas is that you can enjoy a beautiful snowfall, play in the snow all day, and by tomorrow it'll all be gone...without the muddy mess of dirt roads! lol)

6 comments:

Mom said...

Looks like y'all are having lots of fun.

Julie said...

Loved the picture of the boys in the bin! Reagan and I are having a snow day in Abilene as well!

Steve and Joan said...

Wonderful photos of fun! Thank you for sharing with us!!!

Unknown said...

The snow was beautiful and I loved the pictures of you all playing in the snow - especially Brody and Barrett in the recyling bin.

We did not get any snow, only a dreary drizzly cold day.

Thanks for sending the pictures.

megan said...

I'm so jealous. I'll take that over the 40 degrees and non-stop rain we've had. Have fun playing in the snow! I hear y'all have even more since you wrote this!

Grammy said...

Brody and Barrett - I like your
snowman - he has character!!

Glad you had sooooo much fun!!!!