Friday, January 23, 2009

Amazing Birthday Date

Tonight Mike took me out for a date! Daddy Steve and Namaw watched the boys for us (THANK Y'ALL!) so that we could go out and celebrate my 29th birthday (which is tomorrow). We dressed up and headed to Sundance Square (downtown Fort Worth). Since Mike works down there, we were able to park in his work parking garage for free! Then we walked a few blocks over to Del Frisco's.

Del Frisco's is a VERY NICE steak restaurant! You know you're entering a nice restaurant when there's a sign out front that says, "Proper Attire Required"! Mike made reservations ahead of time so we were immediately seated upstairs at a table for two. I have never been waited on like we were waited on at this restaurant. I didn't feel like the staff was hovering, but they anticipated all our needs before we even realized them ourselves! I was taken by complete surprise when our main waiter cleared our salad dishes and then proceeded to pull a tool out of his pocket with which he scraped all the bread crumbs off the table leaving a perfectly clean table cloth! I asked him if he'd come to our house and clean my table after the boys finish eating. He said he'd come if I'd put him on payroll and if I had a table cloth on our table. He said there's something therapeutic about the scraping of his tool against the table cloth! lol. Mike and I ordered the steak for two and it was DELICIOUS!!! Expensive (but that was ok since this was my birthday present)...but so worth it! I've never had a steak that juicy before! Not only was the food and service great, it was wonderful to spend some time eating with just my hubby. There weren't any interruptions from the boys...just adult conversation with my love! So much fun!

After dinner we walked around Sundance Square. We could tell a cold front was moving into Fort Worth because the wind was whipping around the buildings and the temperatures were dropping. We decided to stop at Starbucks and sat out on the patio drinking coffee, talking, and watching the different people walk by.

I love Mike so much and am so thankful that I get to spend the rest of my life by his side. I especially enjoyed our time together tonight. Thanks for a wonderful birthday date, honey!

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. We haven't tried that place yet. I guess it was good?

I've got good news for you about parking. Sundance Square parking is free after hours on the streets and in all of the garages. Isn't Ft. Worth wonderful?

suzspeaks said...

Sounds like the perfect evening!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Wendi said...

I love Sundance Square! Sounds like a great date!! Happy Birthday :)

Ann Hastings said...

What a great birthday present :) Del Friscos is a great resturant and I am so glad y'all got to eat there!!!
Happy Birthday- I love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, sounds like a great dinner!
We have been there a few times and we like all of the wood in Del Frisco's, wasn't it beautiful?
Chuch & Lou Ann

Jenny Rizer said...

Well Happy Birthday! Glad to hear you had such a wonderful night together....your parents are awesome for babysitting so and being excited about it!

Holli's Kansas Adventures said...

Sounds like you did have a wonderful evening! Happy 29th - and may you stay that age for a very long time... :-)

Leave It To Davis said...

You CANNOT be 29!!! Man, I am getting so OLD!!! Stop having birthdays! You can celebrate your mom's labor day.....Happy birthday one last year! You're my favorite niece!

Anonymous said...

The sad part in this is that for the amount of money you paid, you guys cannot go out again until your next birthday! Happy 2-9! We enjoyed visiting with you guys on Saturday!

Mark