Monday, January 26, 2009

Prep Day

We made it thru the day! There were a few hours where I questioned if we would make it to bedtime today.

Why was today so hard? Well, tomorrow Brody is having a colonoscopy. That means that he was on a clear liquid diet today. That's not fun for anyone...but it's especially hard for a two year old who doesn't understand why! All he knows is that he's hungry and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich sounds good. I told him that he can have a PB&J tomorrow after he takes his nap at the hospital. He responded with, "Can we go to the hospital now?" Brody is typically a very happy child. Today he spent from 7:30 am to 1:15 pm crying. It started when I told him he couldn't have a poptart or milk for breakfast. He and Barrett (who's also normally very happy) took turns crying all morning. I think Brody wore himself out and by 1:15 he fell asleep on the couch. When he woke up from his nap he was a much happier little boy. He even drank the laxative without crying today (kids drink it for 3 days prior to surgery rather than just the day before like adults do).

Thankfully we have an early morning appointment tomorrow (I don't know if I could take a whole day where he couldn't eat OR drink). I'm so thankful that we made it thru today and am praying for a peaceful day tomorrow. Brody picked out a stuffed deer (that Erin gave him) and cameo jeep to take to the hospital with him. Please pray that he'll have peace tomorrow and that the procedure will go smoothly.

7 comments:

Wendi said...

Good luck! He's in our prayers today.

Tyler and Ann said...

We are praying for sweet Brody and for everything to go well. Please give him love for us!

Randi Freeby said...

I will be praying for Brody and your little familly. That must be hard watching him go through that.

Unknown said...

I am praying the procedure will go smoothly and Brody will be okay.

I love you Brody.

Kyle & Susie Rhodes said...

oh man...that doesn't sound like fun. why do they make the rules for colonoscopy prep harder on kids anyway? craziness! i hope that everything goes well today. brody deserves the best pb & j sandwich money can buy after having that done!

Anonymous said...

Bless his heart!!! I cried when I found out he is having that procedure. I pray that that God will comfort him and that he will be o.k.

Brody, you are a brave boy!!
I love you,
Gmommy

Amy said...

I thought of my sweet Brody all day today - Let me know how he is and if I can do anything!
Ms. Amy