Wednesday, January 21, 2009

'lil guy


This past Friday I took Barrett to the doctor for his 6 month appointment (only a few weeks late). He's still at 50% for his height (27"), but he's now less than 3% for weight (down from a whoppin' 5%)! Our 'lil guy weighed in at 13 lbs 15 oz! I was a little surprised since Mike and I both thought he was starting to chub up (he has a double chin now and has finally developed some rolls on his arms and legs). I think the main reason for his low weight is his activity level. Brody started crawling at 8 months and had a dip on his growth chart for weight at his 9 month appt. The dr said that most babies have a dip around 9 months (since the normal time to start crawling is between 7-9 months). Barrett has been army crawling all over our house since he was about 5 months old. I think he just hit the growth chart dip a little early. If our little guy is less than 3% for weight...it kinds scares me to think about what 100% looks like!!!

4 comments:

MerrittTimes said...

just checked and Kaylen was 13lbs 13oz and 25in at her 6 month appointment. I know charts are different than boys but I think he looks great. He also loses some because of the giant dimples doesn't he?

Jennifer said...

Just look at my son and you'll see what 100% for weight (and 90% + for height)looks like!! haha

Unknown said...

He is just perfect! He looks great and I think he gets the best baby award for 2008. He will grow up soon enough - I just want to take him and rock him - they do not
stay small too long. Enjoy this time as I can tell he certainly is.

Give him a big hug and love from me.

Leave It To Davis said...

PLEASE FEED THAT CHILD!!!! Are you telling us that he is in the BOTTOM 3%???? Are you saying that 97 out of 100 are heavier than he is? Bring him to my house for a week. I'll give him some baby food and formula!