Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Turkey Cookies

I signed up to take cookies to Brody's school tomorrow for their Thanksgiving Feast. I thought about taking the easy way out and making some cookies from the cookie dough that we bought from the school's fundraiser...but that wouldn't have been any fun for Brody! So...I decided to make something a little more interesting...and Brody was excited to be my helper! He put the cookies on the cookie sheet, poured ingredients into the mixing bowl for the icing, and ate/licked anything I'd let him! After licking the spatula for the chocolate icing.

Here's Brody's Turkey Cookie!

And my Turkey Cookies! Aren't they cute :) Notice that there's 1 that's not like the other. Brody added a few more eyes to his Turkey Cookie (click on the picture to see the detail on the cookies).
I had a lot of fun making these with Brody. He was really good while I was trying to decorate my turkeys. I think it's because he was scarfing down the candy corn without me noticing! I was starving come lunch time...but I could hardly get him to eat anything! I let him have some roomtime while I cleaned up our mess. I'm usually a "clean as you go" type of baker...but it's kinda hard to do that when a 2 year old is helping you.

11 comments:

Rebecca said...

Those are really cute cookies! Are those red hots?

Unknown said...

i am making these exact cookies right this second for Connor's class! i had to take a break to feed camryn and then it's back to turkey making. i hope mine turn out as cute as yours!

Amy Godknecht said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!

Jessica said...

Those are adorable!! I like the spider-eyed turkey cookie - it's got an impressionist art feel to it. :)

Anonymous said...

I know Brodie's school friends enjoyed his cookies. They are nice.

Amy said...

How creative! Love Brody's face covered in chocolate :) I have a picture of me like that when I was about Brody's age after I ate a brownie. haha

Steve and Joan said...

Thanks for making two extra ones for Namaw and me!

Daddy Steve

Anonymous said...

How fun - bet the kids thought they
were really yummy too!

Anonymous said...

Those are super cute! Glad you and Brody had fun making them together!

Amy said...

Those cookies were a HUGE hit! Thank you so much Brody - we loved them!
Ms. Amy

Teri said...

Awesome cookies dude!