Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Trip to Temple

We made a trip to Temple this past weekend. I told Brody on Friday that we were going to Daddy Ken and Grandmommy's house. He got VERY excited and said, "Daddy Ken's gonna be there!!! I wanna see him!" I hadn't realized what I'd said until he said that. So we talked about how Daddy Ken is still in Heaven and Brody closed his eyes real tight and said, "Yep, I can still see him when I close my eyes tight."

After work on Friday, Daddy Steve, Namaw, Mike, Brody, Barrett and I all piled in the Durango for the trip. The boys (and by the boys I mean Brody and Barrett) traveled well. The quick 2 hr drive was extended by an hour when we stopped at a McDonalds with a playground for dinner. Brody had fun going down the huge slide and would emerge with a look of pride on his face every time!

We got to Temple around 8 pm and Grandmommy played with Brody and Barrett for a while before we put them to bed. Then we stayed up and ate popcorn and watched a movie. Saturday we hung out at the house just talking. It was a very relaxing visit. Around lunch time Brody said, "When is Daddy Ken gonna get home? I want to see him?" I'm so glad that Brody remembers Daddy Ken even though he only knew him for a short time.

Here's a picture of Grandmommy and me in her backyard. I LOVE this picture of us! I think I need to get a frame for this one!
Any guesses as to what Brody wanted to do first thing Saturday morning? He asked to go outside and he headed straight for the mower shed. Daddy Steve pulled the mower out and a disappointed Brody had to wait until after naptime for the battery to be charged!!

Brody climbing in a tree in the backyard.

Ginger brought McKenna over to play with the boys. Barrett loved having another kid to watch! When she noticed him she crawled right over to me and reached for Barrett! It was so cute!

Sharon & Sheila stopped by around lunch time and visited with us for awhile. I like how both Sharon and Grandmommy (sisters) are in this picture with Barrett.

After Brody's nap it was time to go to the park. Grandmommy had been telling him that they put new playground equipment in at the park across the street from the cemetery where Daddy Ken is buried. Here he is going down the new slide with Daddy waiting for him at the bottom.

We also took some leftover pancakes to feed the ducks. Here's picture of us feeding the ducks (from the ducks point of view...courtesy of Daddy Steve).

After Cindy got off work she came over to visit along with Ginger, McKenna, Brady, and Paige (Brady's girlfriend). Brody LOVED Paige. As we were getting ready to leave he informed us that he wasn't going back to Arlington with us. He said that he was going to stay in Temple with Paige! Here's a picture of his new sweetheart.

This morning I was doing my hair and Brody was looking under the cabinets. He kept saying, "Where is it?" I asked him what he was looking for and he said, "Your grown up box." I thought for a minute and said, "My make up bag?" He said, "Yes!" I told him that I'd left it in Temple. He said (rather emphatically), "What are you going to do!?!?" I told him that we'd go pick it up sometime. He got really excited, threw his hands up in the air, and said, "I'm ready to go to Grandommy's!!!" I told him that Daddy Steve and Namaw would just get it at Thanksgiving. He was disappointed that we couldn't go again now!

The visit this weekend was too short (as always), but it was so good to see everyone!

6 comments:

RaeAnn said...

Looks like you had lots of fun with your family! I do love that picture of you and your grandma!

Anonymous said...

What a great recap of the visit!

Ann Hastings said...

Too cute- so many cute stories :) I love how emphatic Brody is- he has such a cute personality!!!
That picture of you and Grandmommy is good- definitly a framer!

Ledbetter Fam said...

That picture of you and Grandmommy is so pretty. I definitely think it's frame worthy. Looks like you guys had lots of fun! And, Grandmommy and Sharon sure do look a lot alike.

JB

Ginger said...

It was a short visit but a wonderful visit! It was so much fun watching McKenna w/the boys. I know Daddy Ken would have LOVED seeing them all together. Love y'all!

Rebecca said...

I love that Brody calls your makeup a grown up box.