Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Helpers

Last night was a little rough. Barrett was up for quite a while after eating. By 6:45 this morning I wasn't sure how we were gonna keep our eyes open when Brody woke up at 7:30! I called Mom and she came down so that Mike and I could get some sleep. As soon as Brody woke up he asked to go to Daddy Steve & Namaw's house (before bed last night we promised him that we'd go "tomorrow"...and he doesn't forget!). So Namaw took the boys back to her house. She brought Barrett back down for me to feed him around 9:30 and then took him back to her house so that Mike and I could run a few errands sans kids. It was good for us to get caught up on rest! We spent the rest of the afternoon at their house while Brody swam, napped, and played. (Barret mainly just slept ;)

Tonight Ann came over to visit and Paula brought dinner (can you say YUMMMMM!) Brody was so excited to see Ann. Of course he thought she came over just to play with him. He took her out in the backyard so she could watch him fix his "mower". Then he took her to his bedroom to show her his big boy bunk beds! Since he's only allowed to get in the top bunk with a grown up...I wasn't surprised to walk into the room and find Ann on the top bunk with him. He thinks it's so fun to go up there!

Of course Ann also had to spend some time holding Barrett.

It's so fun living close to family!

4 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

I had a wonderful time with y'all (as always). It was well worth the 3 day wait for me to see Barrett! I loved getting to play with Brody, hold Barrett and talk with you and Mike!
Love you- can't wait to see you Friday!

Rebecca said...

Love the bunk beds! It's so you guys.

Anonymous said...

Isn't family great?! I couldn't imagine living away from my family. My brother just moved to Wichita so we are excited to have him closer now.

Amy said...

Looks like your boys have plenty of people to love on them. They are very lucky.

Those bunk beds are awesome!!