Sunday, July 13, 2008

GG's 85th Birthday

Jan and Mom thought that we should do something special for GG's birthday this year since she'll be turning 85 years old. They thought it would be fun to take GG on a camping trip with the family. So Ron & Jan loaded up their trailer and picked out a great campsite at Joe Pool Lake. On Friday night GG went out there with them and spent the night. Then on Saturday the rest of the family went out to the lake. The campsite was great. It was right on the lake. Dad loaded the kayaks right there and Matt & Julie were able to anchor their boat and load people onto it from the campsite! There was a Kansas wind blowing at the lake on Saturday and it helped to keep us a little cooler. Ron also set up a mister at the campsite to keep us cool. GG keeping an eye on Barrett while she ate her hot dog.
Brody was very excited that Collin, Lauren, and Katelyn came to play. I think it's so cute when little kids hold hands with each other. One time I looked up and saw a chain of all the kids holding hands while walking across the grass. I didn't get a picture of that...but I did get a picture of Daddy Steve and the boys holding hands.
Matt, Jon, Cindy, and Josh were the first ones to brave taking all the kids on a boat ride. It's kinda hard to see, but Brody was waving at me in this picture :)
Lauren & Katelyn loved going in the kayaks. I looked out one time and found Katelyn riding on the kayak in a very unusual fashion. I think she was wanting to stay cool in the water while still going on a ride!

I was impressed with how well the kids got along with one another all day long. We only had one minor incident!
I didn't see it happen (but I heard it!) I guess Collin decided to leave his mark on Brody ;) They were playing a game and who knows what Collin was thinking. The funny thing was that Brody didn't even seem to notice! lol! He probably wondered why we were having him show everyone his back!


Barrett was so good all day long. He was passed around from person to person and slept most of the day. Here's a cute picture of Mike and Barrett.
Mike and Caleb raced the kayaks back to shore after taking Lauren and Brody on boat rides.
Matt let Brody steer for a few minutes while he was driving the boat. Later Brody got back in the driver seat and started pushing buttons. This is the expression he had on his face when he accidentally pushed the button to honk the horn!
We were all exhausted by the time we got home (it was 11 pm!), but it was such a fun day. I'm glad that we got to spend so much time hanging out with the family...even if it was HOT!

8 comments:

Tyler Hastings said...

That looks like so much fun. Wish we could have been there.

Amy said...

What a great day! Your pics were so great.

Ann Hastings said...

We wish we could have been there, I absolutely hate that we missed it! Looks like y'all had a great time!

Kyle & Susie Rhodes said...

I love boating on any lake...it looks like y'all had fun! I also have to say that I'm impressed with how active y'all have been since having Barrett about 2 weeks ago!

Jessica said...

What a fun party for GG! Great memories!

Leave It To Davis said...

GG is so blessed to have a family that still enjoys being with her at 85 years old.......enough to take her camping with the whole family! I hope if I get to be 85 that my family will love me that much. Happy birthday, GG!

Teri said...

Happy Birthday GG, looks like a a great day!

Anonymous said...

That was such a fun day. We need to get all the kids (old ones and yound ones) together to play more often.