Friday, July 04, 2008

How long does it take to eat a pop tart?

About 45 minutes! At least that's how long it took Brody to eat his pop tart this morning when Daddy Steve took Brody and I kayaking on Lake Arlington. Since Brody woke up late, I just let him take his breakfast with him. It's a good thing I did. It took him almost our entire trip to eat his pop tart!

Brody was very excited about going out on the lake. As Daddy Steve was loading up the kayaks Brody looked up at them and said, "Those are the real deal!" lol! I guess he realized we were actually going to get in the water this trip to the lake rather than just feed the ducks. He was so good on the trip. He rode in the kayak with Daddy Steve and sat really still the whole time.
When we got home Brody told Daddy all about the kayak trip. Mike told him that he would take Brody out in the kayak sometime too. Brody won't let him forget that promise. He's already told us several times that next time Daddy's gonna take him in the kayak!

4 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

It was so much fun having Brody on board my Kayak. I've got to teach him how to say Yes Sir, Captain! for next time.

Rebecca said...

That looks like fun! I wouldn't know how long it takes to eat a pop tart because I haven't had one since PR's 1st Trek! Somehow, they're just not appitizing anymore.

Christy and Justin Vercher said...

That looks like so much fun. I have to know where you guys went.

Shauna said...

Brody looks like such a big boy!!! We need to get together soon!