Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Not Quite

I don't think he's quite ready. We geared up for potty training this past Saturday. Brody wore big boy underwear all day (with the plastic pants over them so his clothes didn't get messy). Every time we put him on the potty, he'd go (he even pooped a little on the potty one time), but he wouldn't ever tell us that he needed to go. He had a couple of accidents in his underwear...and it didn't seem to bother him.


I think he's ready physically...but not mentally yet. We'll keep letting him go each day, but we're not gonna push it yet. From everything that I've read, if you train when they're ready...it should only take a few days. I'd rather wait until he's ready than deal with months of messes!!! I'm just glad that he'll use the potty! (As Paula pointed out on my last post...Brody's gonna love these posts some day! lol)

Oh...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my good friend, Megan!

4 comments:

Terah said...

Hey Staci, I just caught up on what's going on with you guys, and read that you're moving back to Texas. Although I know this is a bittersweet time for you guys, I can't wait to have you back in the Lone Star State! Where exactly will you be living? Changing life seasons is tough for sure...I'll keep you guys in my prayers.

Amy said...

Lol on Brody loving these posts. I bet he'll try tearing these pages out, once you print this blog book.

Unknown said...

That's still awesome that he is interested! Thanks for the birthday wishes. :)

Ledbetter Fam said...

That's exciting that he's still interested. Happy Birthday to you tomorrow. I hope you have a great day!!! I love you!

JB