Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Baby #2

Today is a both a happy day and a sad day for me. First I'll tell you the happy side. My co-worker, RaeAnn, went into labor last night. In fact, she left work early and headed straight to the hospital! She got to the hospital around 7:30 pm and her baby was born at 12:01 am this morning. I was excited to hear the baby's name because Scott & RaeAnn had been keeping the sex of their baby a secret! My guess had been "girl"...and I was right!

Cheryl Faye was born at 12:01 am on January 15th.
She weighed in at 8 lbs. 11 oz and was 21.5" long! After work today, Brody and I stopped by the hospital to see Cheryl (and Scott & RaeAnn...of course). She is so precious! She was sleeping soundly. I just love watching a sleeping baby! Brody liked looking at Cheryl too. He kept asking for the baby. Here's RaeAnn showing Cheryl to Brody.
The sad news is that the birth of Cheryl brings about the end of an era. We are getting ready to move to Texas and I currently have less than 6 weeks left at work...the place I've worked for over 7.5 years! RaeAnn is now on maternity leave (for 6 weeks)...so we will never work together again :( I'm really sad about this. She has become such a good friend to me. We've spent hours together talking about lots of things in life (not just work). We've been pregnant together (twice now) and our children (Brody and Cheyenne) love playing together. In fact, Brody asks for "Chey" every morning when he sees her pictures on RaeAnn's desk. It makes me sad that they won't get to play together every day anymore...that they won't grow up together...or grow up even remembering each other! I guess it's just one more reminder that our time in Kansas is running short and that life is about to drastically change. I'm not sure if I'm ready!!!! Ok...I'm gonna stop now so I don't start crying (like I did last night when I found out that Cheryl was born and told Mike that it was the end of an era)...oops...too late...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The baby is precious (and I like her name, too). I cried for you, Staci. Change is so hard sometimes, but with e-mail and webcam, hopefully you can stay in touch, although it won't be the same. You are so right about it being a happy and a sad time. I remember when my best friend at work retired, I felt so lost without her.

Ledbetter Fam said...

Congratulations to RaeAnn!!! I hope that you guys will find some time to spend together before the 6 weeks are over. (check her birthday on your blog. you wrote Feb. 15 instead of Jan. 15. I just didn't want it to slip through in your book and not get corrected. :))

JB

Anonymous said...

Beautiful baby! I know leaving Kansas will be bittersweet for you guys; but we are anxious to have you back "home"!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to RaeAnn! I know the move will be hard for y'all, but we are so excited!!! I will try to contain myself when you are sad.

Shauna said...

You look amazing, first of all. Also - you need to email me so I can get all the details on where you are moving and all that fun stuff.

Shauna said...

oh - my email is ksmccallaghan@hotmail.com

RaeAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RaeAnn said...

Ok...so I am in tears now. :( Cheyenne and I will definately miss you and Brody. I know the move will be hard for you and all of us here in Kansas but it will be a good one for you and your family. Thank you for the wonderful post about Cheryl.