Thursday, January 31, 2008

Daddy Enthusiasm

After work yesterday Brody and I went to visit RaeAnn and her girls. Brody had been asking for "Chey" (Cheyenne) ever since RaeAnn went on maternity leave. He used to see her at least once a day and they love playing together. It was so cute to see how excited they were to see one another! They played chase around the house, shared toys, and danced to the music on RaeAnn's cell phone! I got to hold sweet little Cheryl while we were there. Brody was excited to see the "baby", however, he immediately started pointing out her body parts! We'll have to work on that. Babies don't like their eyes poked out by a 1.5 year old!!!

After we left RaeAnn's house, we headed home. As I was stopped at the (yes "the"...as in there's only one) stoplight in town, Brody suddenly (in a very high-pitched, excited voice) screamed, "DADDY!!!!!!!". I thought, "That's strange. Maybe there's a truck at the gas station that looks like Mike's?" I was surprised to look over at the gas station and see Mike getting gas in his truck! I wouldn't have noticed him there if Brody hadn't pointed him out! So, of course, we made a detour to the gas station so that Brody could talk to Daddy for a minute. I love how excited he gets to see Mike. I see that enthusiasm every day when we hear Mike's truck pull up the drive. Brody starts saying, "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!" over and over as he runs to the back door to wait (very impatiently) for Mike to come in the house. I need to get that on video.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

Coming home from work was always a fun time for Dad. I guess it is good that he didn't work from home back then. He would have missed out on that fun homecoming every night.

Ann Hastings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann Hastings said...

I love it, how cute! I hope he never loses that enthusiasm!

RaeAnn said...

Thanks for coming by to see us! Cheyenne kept saying, "Brody bye-bye?" after you left.