Friday, January 11, 2008

15 Weeks

Today I'm 15 weeks pregnant! I just felt the little one move! I'm kinda surprised to feel him/her this early (this is a few weeks before I felt Brody and I've already been feeling this one for a week or more)...but the movement is still really light. We ended up buying a doppler on Ebay (it was cheaper to buy it new on Ebay than to rent it) so that we can listen to the baby's heartbeat whenever we want. It's so neat! The heartrate is usually between 140 and 155 bpm. If Brody is awake when we listen...he wants us to do it again and again. Even a 1.5 year old thinks it's cool! I'll try to remember to post my belly pic after Mike takes it on Sunday so that you can see how "fat" I'm getting ;)

*Shauna challenged me to start the next 5 posts with a number...we'll see if I can rise up to the challenge! lol

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is getting exciting. I can't imagine having 2 grandchildren to be crazy about.

Anonymous said...

This is an amazing time and that is so sweet that Brody is excited about it and wants to hear the heartbeat again and again. Glad you got the machine. Can hardly wait to find out if it is a boy or a girl.

Unknown said...

I am so excited! It has been sooo much fun having Brody and now McKenna and looking forward to this little one. It helps to have the little ones around. They remind us what life is all about.

Ginger said...

Cool!! I really miss feeling that tiny person inside me. Cant wait to find out the gender!! Brody is already a good big bro. Love y'all!

Shauna said...

Yay! You did it! And I am so excited for you and your growing family!!

Anna said...

So awesome! I remember the first feelings of Holden! What an awesome time! I am glad Brody is getting into it...

Amy said...

You need to find a way to post the recording of the heartbeat! It's so exciting to feel those little movements for the first time.

Ledbetter Fam said...

So fun! I've been playing catch-up on your blog. Your Christmas pics and stories are fun. I'm so happy for you that you can feel your precious baby moving. That's always so exciting!!! You forgot to mention that your mom's pencil test and mine were both right for our kiddos that we already have! :)

JB

Laura said...

Yeah for feeling the baby move. That is such a wonderful feeling!

The Bowens said...

Hi Staci- Congratulations on your pregnancy...So Exciting! How great to be able to hear the heartbeat whenever you want. I wondered if you could tell me what baby book you have for Brody...It sounds so neat that it tells you the average age that things happen. I just have a boring baby book for Payson and would love to switch it up. Thanks so much!
Shauna's cousin-
Laura

suzspeaks said...

awww....so sweet...that first time!

Can't wait to see prego pics!

Anonymous said...

I hope it will be a little girl so she and McKenna will have fun playing with all those Barbie dolls that are stacked to the ceiling in my closet (they are the collector ones that Ginger has me storing for her.....she will never notice they are gone....)