Friday, January 25, 2008

28th Birthday

Today was a great birthday! I love the fact that I was born in January of 1980. It makes my age so easy to remember! I just add 20 to the current year...so this year I'm 28! I never realized how nice this would be when I was a kid! lol

I had a pretty low key day at work today (in fact...no one there even remembered it was my birthday...besides RaeAnn who sent me an email). Brody took a long nap for me when we got home (so I took one too)! Then Mike called and asked what I wanted for dinner. What else but my favorite southern meal? Fried chicken, corn, fried okra, gravy, and biscuits! So he stopped by the store and then came home and made me dinner!! He also made red velvet cake (which we ate after Brody went to bed)! Brody did help me blow out the candles! As soon as Mike started putting candles in the cake Brody was saying, "Blow out?!" So after Mike sang "Happy Birthday" to me (I don't know why Brody didn't join in and harmonize?), Brody helped me blow out the candles. Of course he wanted to do it again and again...but he'll just have to wait for his birthday. 28 candles creates a lot of smoke in the house! lol
Mike also gave me a wonderful birthday present! I'll tell you all about it after this weekend (well...maybe not EVERYTHING about the weekend ;) Let's just say that Nancy is going to take Brody to Plains to visit her parents...so Mike and I have the weekend alone! He has it all planned out and I'm really looking forward to it! Tune in Monday to find out what we did!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!! I hope you guys have a fun weekend!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope y'all have a great weekend!

RaeAnn said...

I'm sorry no one remembered it was your birthday. I would have made sure they all knew!! Glad you had a good one and hope you have a great weekend too!

Steve and Joan said...

Happy birthday, my little girl! I love you!!!

Dad

Ginger said...

I'm so glad you were born 28yrs ago! Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend alone. Have fun! ;) Love you!

Anonymous said...

I will personally see that your employer next year bakes you a cake on your birthday. Hope you and Mike have a great weekend. The Great Gtandparents will enjoy Brody.

Anonymous said...

That's a neat trick for remembering your age. Guess I can do that with Kyle too. Happy belated birthday!

suzspeaks said...

I'm so happy you had a great day!!! I hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend!

Cindi Koceich said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you!!!
I'm glad you had a good day! Now when ya'll are here can Mike give Matt some cooking lessons??? :)

I can't wait to find out about your weekend!

Ann Hastings said...

Yeah :) You deserve a weekend to yourselves- I hope you have a wonderful time! Love you and can't wait to hear ALL about it ;)

Shauna said...

That is great! I am sure you will have a wonderful weekend alone!!! Happy Day!!

Liam and Graham said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday! Looking forward to the weekend recap!