Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter Weekend

I had a weekend full of travel. Friday, Nancy (Mike's mom) came over to our house and stayed the night. Then Saturday morning the two of us headed out towards Plains, KS to visit her family. (Mike stayed behind to work on the house and fulfill some obligations at church.)

The wind was gusting 40-60 mph out of the west (the direction we were driving)! I know this affected the gas mileage tremendously! It was so windy we could hardly open the car doors to get out of the car!

Grandpa & Grandma Brown didn't know that we were coming...so Grandma Brown was surprised when we drove up their drive. She said, "You never know what the wind will blow in!" We spent Saturday talking with G & G Brown, going to the grocery store, helping G-ma Brown decide what to wear Easter Sunday, and (of course) G-pa Brown and I took a couple of naps in the living room ;) I showed G-ma Brown a bunch of pictures on our computer and she was even able to feel the baby moving!

Sunday we went to church (my tummy was jumpin' all during church with the baby's movement. I think he was enjoying the worship!) and then to LH & Thais's house for lunch (LH is Nancy's brother). It was delicious! We had fun seeing the progress on their home improvement projects and just spending a relaxing afternoon visiting.

We left Plains around 3 pm and arrived back in Sterling around 6 pm. I immediately got started on my Economics online test and homework assignment that were due by 11:55 pm Sunday. By the time I'd finished them, it was time for bed.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

That does sound like a busy weekend! It is crazy to me some weekends when I am relieved that Monday is here so I can relax a little! :0)