Thursday, April 13, 2006

Deer in the Headlights

I'm thinking Mike and I should just stay at home for a few days! Here's why...

He's in charge of Men's League at the Sterling Country Club and they had their opening night last night. He called not soon after I got home from church to tell me that he was leaving the golf course. He said he was really late leaving because his truck tire was totally flat and he had to jack it up and change the tire. It took him a little longer than normal to get home. When he got home I found out why. He comes in and tells me he hit a deer on his way home! When he had that accident in the snow this winter he had to take off his grill guard so that he can open his hood...so there was nothing to protect the truck! At least it's still driveable. (That's more than I can say for the deer.)

It doesn't end there. This morning I get in my car to leave to find the key already turned in the ignition and my battery is dead (yes...we live in an area of the country where people still leave their doors unlocked and keys in their cars). So at 4:30 am I go inside to wake up Mike and ask him to jump the car. I was apologizing for having to wake him up and he said not to worry. He said he'd turned on my lights last night to check out the damage to the truck and forgot to turn the key back off. We finally got it started and I head off to work (I'm sure Mike headed back to bed).

So I'm driving to work singing along to the radio when all of the sudden I have to slam on the breaks to keep from hitting a big doe standing in the middle of the highway! She just stood there staring at me. When I finally came to a stop...she ran off the highway.

I'd like to ask everyone to pray for our protection today!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Oh my goodness Staci! You are in my prayers today. That is crazy.

Anonymous said...

Ouch!! Pictures of the deer or truck? Is Mike going to mount it on the wall?