Monday, July 02, 2012

Our 'lil entrepreneurs

Today at work the boys spent most of the day building with Pipe Works.  The set at Daddy Steve and Namaw's house is from when Caleb, Tyler, and I were little.  I'd say this toy was a great investment!  They are so well made that I'm guessing my grandchildren will still be playing with them!

Normally I am being interrupted 5,387 times to help the boys build something.  Today I wasn't interrupted at all, so I was surprised to discover that they had built a lemonade stand all by themselves!  They were super excited about having completed it and couldn't wait for me to finish working so I could help them make lemonade and set up shop!

We took it home with us, made a pitcher of lemonade, and then they sat outside to wait for cars to drive by.  Brody said it was the perfect time for a lemonade stand because it was time for people to come home from work.  After several cars passed without stopping, the teenager who lives across the street pulled into her driveway and got out of the car.  When she started walking towards the garage door to go inside Barrett yelled out, "HEY!!!!   WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?" and held his hands up in the air with exasperation!  After I was able to stifle my laughter, I spent some time talking with them about the proper etiquette of running a lemonade stand.
 
The boys had 2 "real" customers today (Daddy Steve, Namaw, and Mike also purchased lemonade...but do they really count?  The boys told them they didn't have to pay for lemonade...but were happy to take the money when DS, Namaw, & Mike insisted).  They may not have made tons of money today with their business venture, but I was so proud of them for being little entrepreneurs!

2 comments:

sweetlizzy said...

That's so cute!!! :D Tell them I said their lemonade stand looks very professional and if I had driven by without even knowing it was them, I would have stopped. ;)

Leave It To Davis said...

lol...."Hey! What are you doing?" is the perfect come-on when someone passes you by? Then you ask them if they are nuts, or something, because they are passing up the best bargain on earth!

Our across the street neighbor girl set up a sno cone stand....we live in a culdesac, you know, so I don't know where they expected business to come from....but amazingly, they did well enough from the neighborhood kids that they set up shop for over a week. She offered us free sno cones everyday. We didn't take them. I guess she should have called out, "Hey, what are you doing?" That might have just worked.