Monday, July 16, 2012

How Old Were You?

How old were you when you shot your first gun? I was 19 years old.  It was the Christmas after Mike and I were married and he took me to Kansas for 2 weeks.  I remember being terrified of the kick of the shotgun as I squeezed the trigger...and then the ringing of my ears for hours because I'd forgotten ear protection.  Over the past 13 years I've learned a lot about guns and now I love going shooting with Mike.  I can't wait until we have a hunting lease so that we can spend more time shooting and hunting as a family! 

Our boys have learned about guns at a much younger age than I did.  Brody was 4 years old when he went to the gun range with Mike for the first time.  At that time 4 seemed a lot older than it does now that our baby is 4!  Since Brody is on vacation with Grammy right now, Mike took off work yesterday so that we could have a special day with just Barrett.  He was so incredibly excited when we told him that we were taking him to the gun range today! 
 
We stopped and bought some new ear protectors for him on our way and then he patiently waited as Mike got everything ready at the gun range.  {Side note:  I know you're used to seeing my picture collages...the ones that I make so that creating a blog book is easier on my end....but I wanted you to be able to see all these pictures full screen....so instead of a few collages you get a lot more individual pictures today!}
 
Pulling the trigger on the .22
 
 
 
So serious as he focuses on the target...
 
Yet, he didn't hide his excitement when he hit the bulls eye!  He LOVED it!!!
 
Mike and Barrett with the target that Barrett shot to pieces.  It is now hanging on the wall by his bed.
 
 

1 comment:

Leave It To Davis said...

Glad you had a fun day. I'll tell Grandmommy to make sure she puts her gun up REAAALLLY high next time they come down.