Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Waiting a Lifetime

Baby K,
Five years ago today you went to Heaven.  Not a day goes by that I don't think about you.  It's amazing how much love I can have in my heart for someone that I've never touched, seen with my eyes, or even spoken to.  What's even more amazing is that your brothers have the same love in their hearts for you too!  We have never been shy in talking about you with Brody and Barrett....after all, you are one of the precious children that God blessed us with!  We may not get to spend our earthly life getting to know you, but we know that we will have an eternity together in Heaven.  Often times the boys will ask about you.  Ask me to tell them the story about you already being in Heaven...and about you waiting to meet us when we get there.  At times, Brody has broken down in tears.  Even though he never met you, he misses you and wishes that you were here with us.

The other night we were watching a Rangers game before bed when Brody said, "When will we get to see Baby K?"  We told him it would be when we get to Heaven and he responded, "But how will we get there?!?"  This led us into a sweet time as a family.  We turned off the game and gathered the boys on the couches with us to study with them what the Bible says about Jesus' return and about Heaven. 

Even though my heart still aches for you, I am so thankful that you are in a place that is more wonderful than anything we can imagine.  More beautiful than the mountains in Colorado, more peaceful than the plains of Kansas, more plentiful than an all you can eat cruise ship!  You will never experience pain or heartbreak or disappointment.  For this I am so thankful.  Because of God's promise to me that I too will spend forever in such a wonderful place....I can wait this lifetime to see you face to face. 

Until then....never forget that I love you!
Momma

4 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

Hugs....you made me cry, Staci. I'm sorry you lost this little one. I'm sorry we never got to know Baby K. Love you all.

Julie Little said...

Our little ones are up there together, waiting for us! I bet they are best friends. :) Love you.

Mom said...

I don't know how it feels to be a mom who has lost a baby. However, I am so greatful that because of that loss we get to have Barrett. I can't imagine our family without him.

Jessica said...

Beautiful!