Saturday, May 05, 2012

Adult Teeth

For a while now, Barrett has been complaining about his teeth hurting.  I know that his front right tooth is dead (due to a collision with Brody's forehead), but when I ask him which teeth hurt he points to his bottom and top teeth all along the front.  I can't see anything visibly wrong, so I made a dentist appointment for him.  I just knew we'd go in to find out that he had a mouthful of cavities. 

Today was the appointment.  I was shocked to learn what has been causing his pain.  Our little 3 year old is teething....not like babies teethe....he's teething like a big boy.  His adult teeth are starting to push up under his baby teeth already!!  The dentist said that his bottom front teeth are already a little loose.  They're not loose enough to want to pull, but they're getting loose from the adult teeth pushing up on them.  CRAZY!!!  Can you imagine little Barrett with a mouth full of adult teeth?!? 

The dentist said to give him Tylenol when it's hurting him....and just be patient!  Speaking of patience, Barrett was a great patient at the dentist today!  He didn't cry or complain once!
 

No comments: