Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pre-K Graduate!

Tonight was the end of year program at Brody and Barrett's school.  Last year Namaw and I cried during the program just thinking about the fact that "next year" (meaning this year) would be Brody's last preschool program.  This August he'll start kindergarten.....which means our family will be a slave to the school calendar for the next 15+ years.  It kinda feels like the end of freedom...not to mention the fact that now some teacher will get to spend all day with my son rather than me :(

Brody's not sad about starting kindergarten, but was sad about leaving preschool.  He's really gonna miss all his friends and especially his amazing teacher, Mrs. Allyson!
 
 
 

Autumn and Brody have become good friends and are excited to be going to the same elementary school together next year!  Below are the lyrics to the last song of the program.  This song always evokes tears from the moms in the audience and this year Brody's crying while he sang had everyone choked up!

We'll Be Friends Forever
Now it's the time for us to say goodbye for just a while,
so until we meet again may God's love make you smile.

We'll be friends forever, and while we are apart,
I will pray for you and always keep you in my heart.


We'll be friends forever, Jesus, you and me,
He binds our hearts together
and friends we'll always be.

Now when you see the sun, you know I see the same one too,
when you see the stars they'll say hello from me to you.


We'll be friends forever Jesus, you and me,
He binds our hearts together
and friends we'll always be.  
 
After dinner at Spring Creek, Tyler and Ann stopped by our house for a coffee from Mike's Coffeehaus and to change Luke's diaper.  When Barrett saw the jammies that Luke was wearing he rushed to put on his jammies that matched!  I couldn't resist getting a picture of them together :) 
 

3 comments:

Mom said...

We missed a lot being out of town! Congratulations Brody and Barrett for another year of school successfully completed.

Leave It To Davis said...

YOu made me cry talking about all the crying! I remember those programs....I was always so embarrassed to be bawling the way I did. Tender hearts run in the family. You all look so nice....and Luke is GROWING!!!

Ann Hastings said...

We wouldn't have missed it for anything, I think it's been our calendar for MONTHS :)
We are so proud of both boys! Love you!