Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thanksgiving at the Haker's

This morning I got up early to finish making pies for our Thanksgiving dinner at the Haker's house.  All of our side of the family was there, but we were missing Jon, Cindy, Bella, and Josh.  Hopefully we'll get to see them at Christmas.  Won't be too much longer until Jon & Cindy's new little girl arrives!  Suddenly babies Luke & Axton will see like giants!  I didn't take lots of pictures today (I was too busy talking with everyone!), but here are a few of the ones I took.

Well...I guess I didn't really take this one (I think Tyler did).  Me and my beautiful sister, Ann...

Lauren has grown more every time I see her.  She is so sweet with the babies!  She hurried to finish her lunch first so that she could have Luke and Axton to herself while everyone else was eating.  You can see from Luke's grin below that the babies love her too!

You can see some of the scabs on Barrett's head from his collision with the baseball field last night in this picture.  These boys love playing together.  They thought they were being tortured when we told them they had to sit down and eat food before they could go back outside and play!

Katelyn thought it would be fun to weigh people before and after Thanksgiving dinner.  There were only a few good sports who went along with her idea.  Here they are showing us how much their weight increased after eating the big meal.  Caleb - 5 lbs, Daddy Steve - 2 lbs, Tyler - 4 lbs, and Katelyn - 1 lb.  CRAZY!  It sure didn't look like Caleb had 5 lbs of food on his plate!  I'm glad I didn't join in this challenge.
 
(click on the collage below to see it full screen.  once full screen, click again to zoom.)
Since our family was all here, we couldn't resist getting a group picture!  It's amazing how much bigger the family looks just by adding 2 more babies!!!  (Namaw is holding Axton and Daddy Steve is holding Luke).
 

1 comment:

Ann Hastings said...

You looked especially beautiful this day- love the new haircut :) We had a great time with everyone too! Love our family!