Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Space Bars are Important!

Brody has been trying to convince Mike to let him switch hit in a baseball game for a few months now.  One day Mike told him that if he hit 10 good balls in a row left handed (off the tee) that he'd let him hit left handed in a game.  He didn't ever hit more than 8 good ones in a row, so Mike stuck to his guns and told him he had to hit right handed. 

This afternoon Brody went outside to practice while Barrett took a nap.  I was inside getting dinner ready when Brody rushed in and said, "I hit 10 good ones in a row left handed!!!"  I told him that I didn't know if that would count or not since we weren't out there to see it.  He asked me when Daddy would be home (so he could watch Brody hit) and when I said that I had no clue he asked, "Can I text him to ask him?"  What?  Since when does Brody know how to text?  Rather than questioning his ability I responded, "Sure, but I can't help right now because my hands are all dirty from getting dinner ready."

He took my phone to the other room and sent this text to Mike, "Whattimwilubhom"

When I saw what he typed I was struck with a realization....he doesn't know about the space bar!  He did a great job sounding out "what time will you be home"...but without the spaces between the words it makes it just a little hard to read! 

Mike had no clue that Brody had sent that text and he was a little confused as to why I was sending him such a strange (in code) text! lol  Space bar or not, I'm proud of how Brody sounded out and wrote that message all by himself!

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Funny!!

Tyler and Ann said...

too cute!

Leave It To Davis said...

He's such a little man!

Anonymous said...

That Brody is as smart as they come. That was just too cute.
Gmommy