Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Switch Hitter

Tonight's game was so fun to watch!  Brody played pitcher, first base, and left field.  He did an awesome job catching the ball at first base and getting runners out...


(a caught ball...see the base runner just off the left of the picture?  Yep...another out!)

stretching out to catch the ball (it's in his glove!  I love the excitement in the pitcher!)...
Several times Brody ran over to the fence (by the bleachers) and said, "Love you Mommy!" and then put his face up to the fence to give me a kiss through the fence.  I've gotta soak it up now because I have a feeling that a few years from now he won't stop by to kiss me on his way to the plate.

Mike didn't have time to watch Brody practice hitting left handed off the tee before the game, so he told him that if he hit good right handed the first two innings then he could switch and hit left in the 3rd inning.  Well...his hits went to the fence the first 2 innings, so he got to bat left the 3rd and 4th inning.  He missed the ball the first time he swung left handed, but then the second swing sent the ball all the way to the outfield fence!  His hit in the 4th inning (left handed) was even better than the one in the 3rd!  I'm so proud of our little baseball player....but I think Mike's buttons are about to pop off with as far as his chest is puffed out with pride!  He turned to me in the car on the way home and with a grin on his face said, "My son's a switch hitter!" 

The sun had gone down (so lighting wasn't great), but here's a picture of Brody hitting the ball left handed.
 

3 comments:

Tyler and Ann said...

We are so proud of Brody too!

Leave It To Davis said...

I don't think his daddy's the only one whose shirt buttons are popping off from pride! You are such a wonderful mommy!!!

Mom said...

You got some really good pictures of him stretching and keeping his foot on the base! Way to go Brody!