Monday, March 28, 2011

Working for Mints

On Friday Brody stayed at Daddy Steve and Namaw's house while I took Barrett to his dr's appointment.  When I went back to pick him up he told me that he did a big job for Namaw.  She smiled and told me that it was a job that I would really appreciate!

When we e-file a tax return for a client we end up with 2 pieces of paper (one showing the e-file confirmation and one the client signs which authorizes us to e-file).  The client folder has already been filed away by the time these pages are ready to file...so I just keep stacking them up on top of the file cabinet.  The other day I told Namaw that I'd just file them away after we are done with tax season.

While I was gone to the doctor, Namaw got out a file folder that has a tab for each letter of the alphabet.  Then she asked Brody to file the pages in this folder by putting the first letter of the last name behind the appropriate tab.  He worked really hard and accomplished the task!  When he finished she asked him if he would rather her pay him in money or Mentos mints.  He chose a roll of mints!

It won't be long until he'll be able to file folders alphabetically for us!  I wonder if he'll still file for mints when he's 10 or 11 years old? 

2 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

Good job Brody, I am impressed!

Leave It To Davis said...

Brody is lucky to have a grandmaw like Joan. I babysit, she teaches!