Friday, March 11, 2011

Putt Putt

I surprised the boys with a trip to Putt Putt today.  They were excited to get to play mini golf!  Barrett (our strong willed child) had no interest in listening to my instructions on how to hold the club, where to tee off, and how to hit the ball.  He wanted to play his own game!  Since we were there for fun (and no one else was on the course)...I just let go of the putt putt rules and had fun following the boys around!

Notice Barrett's putter?  He refused to hold it correctly.  I tried to tell him he'd be able to hit the ball better if he flipped the club over...but he wanted to do it his way.
Brody wanted to lay down at the tee box to see how to line up his ball.
 
Then he contorted his body in a strange position to get the ball placement exactly right!
Barrett saw Brody lay down and decided it was time for a quick nap.  The rolling hills made for a good pillow ;)

 

3 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

Daddy Ken took us to play putt putt a bunch and we loved it! There was a swimming pool next door to ours and a creek behind it. Many, many times, we would hit the ball too hard and it would disappear in the creek. I bet the putt putt golf place spent a quarter of their profit on golf balls! (I always hit mine in the water when there was water on the course, just so I could fish it out. That was fun to get to put my hands in the water. I was easily entertained.)

Jamie said...

I loved seeing Brody line his ball up like that! Good thinking!

Jessica said...

What fun! I love how you were able to let go of the "rules" and just let them play. I find that to be one of the hardest parts of being a mommy. A very nice day for you and your boys!