Friday, March 18, 2011

The Best

Have I mentioned how awesome my dad is?

This week is spring break for kids in our neck of the woods.  Daddy Steve knew that it'd be a busy week at work for me and Namaw (since it's tax season), so he took the WHOLE WEEK off work to spend with our boys!  The boys have been soaking up every second of it!

Monday - Playtime at the gym while Daddy Steve and I did an aerobics class, then the boys helped Daddy Steve fix a broken toilet, next it was off to lunch at Schlotzsky's, then they drove around looking for a baseball diamond to play on.  DS promised Brody that sometime this week they'd play on a "real" baseball diamond (Brody wanted to play on a diamond with a dirt infield).  The only bad thing is that all the "real" diamonds were locked up!  They finally found one that had dirt on home plate, the pitchers mound, and each base.  This worked for Brody and they spent the next few hours playing baseball!  The boys didn't want to go home with me when it was time...but I told them they'd be back the next day for more fun.

Tuesday - They played outside at Daddy Steve & Namaw's until lunch time and then they went back to Scholotzky's (Brody reminded DS that kids eat free on Tuesdays!)  After lunch, they went and found a field to play soccer (and of course baseball).

Wednesday/Thursday - I took the boys to DS's house at 9 on Wednesday morning and they drove down to Temple to visit Grandmommy & Sharon.  They played and helped Daddy Steve work on his "sonny do list" for Grandmommy.  They didn't get home until 8:00 last night.  Mike and I went over to DS and Namaw's to pick them up and they were riding their bikes around the circle.  As we predicted...they didn't run to us with huge hugs...instead they both said, "We don't want to go home!  We want to stay here and ride our bikes!"  lol  Of course, they also wanted to play every sport.  They got out the basketball, soccer ball, and baseball to play with Daddy.  Namaw and I sat there and watched them play by the moonlight. 

{Since the boys were gone Wednesday night, Mike took me on a date!  We went to Studio Movie Grill and saw The Adjustment Bureau.  Then we walked around the Highlands, got Starbucks, and also got an ice cream!  We really treated ourselves!  It was so much fun to have time to talk and laugh with one another uninterrupted.  We really love our boys...but sometimes you just need a little alone time with your spouse.  It was wonderful!}
Friday - Today we're going to the gym (I already ran a 5k this morning, but I want to go back for the Nike Training Club class!), then the boys are gonna hang out with Daddy Steve while Namaw, Caleb, and I go to the Just Between Friends consignment sale.  After the sale we're gonna take the boys to the park and let them ride their bikes at the park (something Brody's been begging to do). 

I've always know my dad is amazing, but it is so fun watching him as a grandpa with my kids!  They definitely have the best grandpa in the world!

3 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

Thank you Staci! It's been a fun week!!!

Leave It To Davis said...

I cannot even remember the last time I was sick. Wouldn't you know when your dad was coming and I was planning on taking the girls over to play with them, I would be wiped out? Today is the first day since Tuesday (morning) that I have even felt like turning on the computer. I have been asleep since Tuesday night at 8, waking only to cook a meal or take Brady to work. Life went on without me.....I really missed getting to spend two days with them!!!

Jessica said...

This is really precious. And so important. My prayer is that many others are inspired and changed by the example of Daddy Steve. I thank God for men like your dad - they bless those that they know, and even those they don't know.