Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Birthday Invite

The other night we were sitting around the dinner table talking about baseball (Brody's current obsession).  Suddenly Barrett turned to me and said,
" Mama?  You can come to my birthday and eat cake!"
I said, "Thanks Barrett...but it's not until June!"
Barrett - "Yeah, June 27th....Daddy?"
Mike - "Yes Barrett?"
Barrett - "You can come to my birthday and eat cake!"
Mike - "Thanks Barrett!"
Barrett - "Brody?  You can come to my birthday and eat cake!"
Brody - "I don't have to come anywhere Barrett...I'll already be here because it'll be at our house!"
Barrett - "Mama?  What kind of cake will I have for my birthday?"
Me - "I don't know honey.  It's still 4 months until your birthday.  I probably won't figure out what kind of cake we'll make until the week before!"
The next day Barrett was hanging out with Namaw and he told her that he was going to buy his birthday cake from Kroger.  She said, "Don't you think your mommy will make your birthday cake?"  He said, "NO, I'M gonna buy my cake from Kroger!"

I wonder if he's a scheduler like Ann?  Maybe he's just trying to get everything locked into the schedule in his brain?!?

4 comments:

Mom said...

If Brody knows when it is going to be and Barrett has the event planned, they will just need you to do the driving.

Ann Hastings said...

Love it :) I am impressed, he plans further out than I do, lol!

Jennifer said...

Ha! Sounds almost as bad as Anna. She's been planning hers since her LAST birthday! Hers isn't until June 24 and the last two weeks she's been making her invite list and planning her cake.

Leave It To Davis said...

He's so sweet!