Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Skiing in the Sun

This morning all the guys (minus Barrett) and I bundled up and headed for the ski slopes.  Barrett gave Caleb some advice on snowboarding before he left.
Daddy Steve and I started off skiing on the practice slope a few times while all the others headed to their lessons.  The guys were taking a full day of snowboarding lessons while we'd signed Brody up for a 1/2 day of ski lessons.  The kid area was PACKED!  I watched a few times and I think Brody spent more time standing there waiting than actually learning anything!  By lunch time he'd had enough of the chaos of lessons.  We tried to convince him to go ski with me and Daddy Steve, but he was done!  He was ready to go back to the house and sled down the hill.  I guess that was less stressful for him?  We all met together by the bunny slope to eat our sack lunches.

I was finally able to convince Brody to do the bunny slope a few times with me.  I think next time we go skiing we might opt for the private lessons rather than group lessons.  He picked it up really quick while I was working with him and said he wanted to stay and ski longer, but we'd already called the girls to come pick him up...so back to the cabin he went.
 
Daddy Steve and I spent the rest of the afternoon skiing together while the guys were in lessons.

 
I had fun spending the day skiing with my dad!
Around 3:00 Daddy Steve and I headed back to the Jeep.  It was then that we realized that our shoes were in the other Jeep (not the one we had the keys for!)  As we turned in our skis and boots the worker looked at us and said, "Did you not bring other shoes to wear home?"  Thankfully we were able to find some dry spots to walk across to get back to the Jeep.  When we got back to the cabin I put my gore tex gloves on my feet and walked gingerly up the stairs towards the warmth of the fireplace!

No comments: