Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Meeting "Christmas"

A few weeks ago, Barrett kept asking if he could see Christmas because "I want to talk to him."  It took me a few minutes before it finally dawned on me that he was referring to Santa Claus as "Christmas"!  I tried to explain to him the difference, but it didn't stick (at least at the time).  Now it's about a 50/50 shot.  Sometimes he's "Santa" and sometimes he's "Christmas".  Tonight at church they had Santa come for cookies, cocoa, and stories before class started.  Tonight...Barrett went to see "Christmas".  He was so excited to see him!  When Santa asked Barrett, "What do you want for Christmas?" he replied, "My presents!!!"  lol  I think he always leaves confused after a visit with Santa.  I can hear him thinking, "I told him I want _____ (dart gun, presents, etc) and I'm leaving empty handed!  There's something not right here!"