Thursday, May 06, 2010

Yummmmmy!

Have you ever had a homemade pop tart?

My boys love pop tarts. I've been trying to find a good recipe for a healthier homemade version than the ones I can buy at the store. When I buy them at the store, I always buy the plain (no icing) kind and try to find the mulit-grain or wheat ones...but even those have things listed as ingredients that I have no clue what they are! Since my friend, Paula, has a cooking website, I challenged her to come up with a healthier pop tart for me. She was up to the challenge! Today she posted the recipe on her website, Salad in a Jar, for Homemade Brown Sugar-Cinnamon Oatmeal Pop-tarts. (I borrowed this picture from her website)

Yesterday morning Paula left us a surprise on our doorstep. It was a plate full of different kinds of homemade pop tarts! They are delicious! I can't wait to make a bunch of them for the boys (and for me too)! Here's Brody biting into one of the Brown Sugar ones:

Early morning smile

SCORE! Paula scored big at our house! Did I mention how nice it is to be "on the way to work" for one of the worlds best chefs?!?

4 comments:

Jamie said...

nnow when your in a pinch and can't make them- you can buy organic poptarts at whole foods or kroger in the nature's market section and you will know all the ingredients!

Ann Hastings said...

That's great! I wish I was on the way to Paula's work!

Paula said...

To Ann, I wish you were too!!!! Then I could see you more often not to mention unload some treats.

Love the pictures of Brody. Sure was fun to figure out how to make healthier pop-tarts.

Jennifer said...

I saw those on Paula's blog and thought "YUMMY!" Now, I just need to figure out how to be on her "way to work"! :)