Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Move

The past week has been crazy around here! Last weekend was finally time for "the big move". Daddy Steve and Namaw moved to their new house (just around the corner from us!!!) Tax season ended not even a month ago and then they had been trying to keep their old house spotless for potential buyers. Some packing had taken place, but there was still TONS to pack. On Friday Namaw and I spent 12 hours packing! Saturday morning Joseph and Anna watched the boys for us so that we could get to the old house by 9 and get a start on moving day. It took all day Saturday and from after church on Sunday until bedtime to get the majority of their stuff moved to the new house. Now we've been busy unpacking. I found my desk, but I still don't have my office computer set up at their new house yet.

Their new house has a HUGE backyard that is surrounded by the greenbelt. My office overlooks the backyard so that I can see the boys outside playing while I work. The boys are so excited that they can go outside and play by themselves now! Since we have a pool and Daddy Steve & Namaw's old house had a pool...this is a new found freedom!

I'll try to post some pictures of their new house (once a little more unpacking takes place), but I just thought I'd let you know what's been going on here. For those of you who asked for copies of my notes from the Ladies Retreat...well...you'll just have to wait a few more days (until I find the scanner!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's fine. I know you have been busy.

Are we going to see Barrett with his glasses soon since I believe he gets them today? Cannot wait to see him in them - he will be so cute!!!!!!

Ann Hastings said...

We had fun packing/moving them- it was a great weekend with y'all! Sad for them to leave their old house, but looking forward to new memories in the new house!