Sunday, February 17, 2013

Spontaneous Shower

Today's been a little bit of a crazy day!  When we woke up this morning, we got the boys ready and then headed to the hospital to see Brianna.  We wanted to make sure we got there in time to give her a bath (it was her first real bath since her umbilical cord fell off).  Mike went in to see her first while I held the boys up to the window to look.  After he held her for a while, he came out and I went in to bathe her and and feed her.  Then Mike went back in to see her while the boys and I went down to the waiting room and they watched a video on my iPad. 

We ran a few errands after the hospital and then it was back to the house for Mike to finish up Bri's room and the guest room.  I dropped the boys off at Taylor McDougald's birthday party and then went to get a carset and a few other essentials before going back to the hospital.  While I was at the hospital, our Life Group stopped by for a visit!  Lee & Carmen, David & Richelle, and Becca came to "meet" Brianna through the window...and then they met me in the waiting room with arms full of gifts!  They were so happy for our family and showered us with a bunch of stuff to get us ready for a little girl in our house.  It's wonderful to be a part of such a loving group of friends and believers.

After I fed and changed Brianna, I headed to Darren & Tonya's house to pick up the boys.  Yet again I was overwhelmed with gifts!  Tonya had gone through her attic and found lots of baby things that we could use that she didn't need anymore.  We loaded up the car and headed for home.  When we got home Mike was just about finished with the flooring in both rooms.  I am shocked at how much he as accomplished in such a short amount of time!! 

Now I'm ready to crash into bed...

No comments: