Thursday, April 19, 2012

So proud!!!

When I picked Barrett up from school on Tuesday, Mrs. Sarah said he had something special to tell me.  He ran to me and was talking excitedly about some award that he got and he kept talking about Texas Roadhouse.  Mrs. Sarah explained to me that one of the other teachers had asked Mrs. Sarah's class to go sit on a certain line and that Barrett was the only one in the class that obeyed.  They wanted to reward his obedience, so they gave him a "Super Star Note" and a certificate for a free meal at Texas Roadhouse!  I was so proud of him!  Not only did he obey his teachers....but he set an example for others!  This is the kind of leadership we've been trying to instill in our boys and it was so good to see him doing what we've been talking about.  James 1:22 says "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves.  Do what it says."  Mike and I were proud of Barrett for doing what he's been learning about in God's word!
 

3 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

This comes as no surprise to me!After all, you are his mother, and you are the one who, on a scorching hot summer day, after spending at least an hour outside melting, would not take a SIP of the Sprite I bought you at Sonic on the way back to Grandmommy's because your mom said you could ride with us, but not to get anything when we stopped at Sonic. I tried to convince you it would be okay because your mom just didn't want me spending money on you, but you wouldn't listen. Then Ginger said we would never tell...how would they ever know, and you still wouldn't take a sip. You walked in with it and asked if you could drink it then since you didn't all the way home and I had bought it for you, and your mom said no and told you to pour it down the sink, and you did. I was flabergasted. I am sure you will be in Heaven because I am convinced you have always minded them and never lied to them about anything ever in your life. Why wouldn't your son obey just as you have always done? Tell him we are proud of him for not following the crowd!

Mom said...

I am so proud of you Barrett!

Ann Hastings said...

So proud of Barrett, it's neat to see him living out God's word :)