Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Heart of Gold

Today Mrs. Stephanie stopped me on my way into school to pick up the kids.  She said, "I have got to tell you about Brody!  He's one of the kids that is soooo done with being in pre K and is ready to move on to elementary school.  That's probably why he shocked me today!  We were practicing the last song for our end of year program.  It talks about being friends forever and how we can all be looking at the same sun at the same time (I don't remember what else she said the song said....at this point I was just standing there thinking 'Don't cry Staci!  Don't cry!').  I usually have a kid who will get teary eyed during this song and I saw Brody starting to tear up.  I said, 'It's ok to be sad.  We're sad because we'll miss our friends and won't get to see them every day like we're used to.' and at that Brody lost it!  He was boo hoo crying and sobbing!  It just shocked me!  Other kids saw him crying and it started a chain reaction!"

It really didn't surprise me at all that Brody would cry.  He has such a tender, compassionate heart.  He also pays attention and understands what is going on around him.  While some kids might just be singing the words to the song, Brody will be listening to and thinking about the words.  I'm so thankful that he is such a loving and compassionate little boy.  It shows in everything he does and I'm proud of the fact that he has such a heart of gold.

In other news....today was Texas Rangers Day at school.  The teachers were all teasing Brody about the fact that he considers every day Rangers Day.  This is true.  There aren't many days when he wears clothes that don't say Texas Rangers!  Barrett was super excited because I told him he could wear one of his Rangers hats....meaning he didn't have to let me fix his hair! 
 

4 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

Well if that isn't the sweetest thing EVER! Tell Brody that whenever I would go to any of my kids programs at school, I would ALWAYS cry....probably the ONLY parent there having streams of tears ruin my makeup. It runs in the family.

Ann Hastings said...

Too cute!

Mom said...

Definitely runs in the family!!!

Steve and Joan said...

Friends are friends forever, if the Lord's the Lord of them.
And a friend will not say never, 'cause the welcome will not end.
Though it's hard to let you go, in the Father's hands we know... that a lifetime's not too long... to live as friends.