Thursday, April 12, 2012

Momma was right!

This morning Barrett didn't want to go to preschool.  They only go 2 days a week and he always has fun...but sometimes he forgets about how much fun he'll have and he says he just wants to stay with me.  It's those days that it's really hard for me to drop him off at school...but I know that he'll be fine just a few minutes after I leave.

Today he was adamant that he didn't want to go to school because "I don't like school!"  He fought me getting buckled in the car and then tried to stay buckled when we got to school.  I dropped Brody off at his class first and then took Barrett.  Mrs. Sarah had to peel Barrett out of my arms and he was crying, "Momma! Momma! Momma!" and reaching for me.  I told him, "You're gonna have so much fun today!  I love you and will see you in a little bit." and then I stepped around the corner out of sight.  Within a minute he had stopped crying and was busy tracing a letter with his pencil, so I headed to work.

When it was pick up time, I stopped at Barrett's classroom first.  He came running to me with a huge grin on his face and wrapped his arms around my neck.  Then he pulled back a little so he could look up at my face and with a smile so big that the dimple under his eye was showing he said, "Momma, you were right!"  I said, "I was right?  What was I right about?"  He said, "You were right!  I had so much fun at school today!" Then he hugged my neck really tight.

3 comments:

Mom said...

What a sweetheart!

Leave It To Davis said...

He would have won with me. I would have taken him right back home. You have backbone.

Debbie said...

Mom is always right!