Monday, October 27, 2008

We made it

Today was Mike's first day at his new job. I was a little concerned about how Brody would handle Mike being gone all day. He waved (with "I love you" fingers) bye to Mike until we couldn't see the car anymore and then we hurried to get ready to take Barrett to the doctor for his 4 month appointment.

Both boys were really good during our loooong wait at the dr's office. Barrett weighed in at a whoopin' 12 lbs 5 oz (in the 7th percentile) and was 25" long (55th percentile). His hernia is still there, but the doctor thinks that we'll be able to wait until his 6 month appointment to see the urologist since we should have insurance thru Mike's job by then. He got 2 shots today and Brody helped me soothe him afterwards. For some reason Brody was disappointed that he didn't get any shots today?!

After the dr's appointment we headed to work. I worked until about 4 pm when I headed home to start dinner. Brody was still napping, so Namaw walked him down later after he woke up. He was outside riding his golf cart when Mike got home from work. Brody ran inside and into Mike's arms as soon as he heard the garage door shut. When Mike picked him up, Brody stated (matter of factly), "You missed me today!" Mike agreed that he really missed Brody.

For the rest of the evening Brody followed Mike wherever he went: to dinner, outside to get firewood, to the bathroom, etc. One time I walked back into the bedroom. Mike was changing clothes and Brody was sitting on the bed watching him. Brody looked at me and said, "Daddy loves me VERY much! We missed each other today!"

Mike had a softball game tonight and left just before Brody's bedtime. When I put Brody to bed he didn't want to lay down. He sat up in bed and covered his legs. He told me, "I'm going to sit just like this until Daddy gets home. Then he'll come kiss me night night!"

I'm so thankful for the job that God has blessed Mike with. I'm also thankful for the 5 months that Mike got to spend at home with our family. He is such and amazing husband and father and the boys and I love every moment we get to spend with him!

7 comments:

Anna said...

awesome blog! So glad Mike's job is looking so promising! I know the time he was home with the boys was so precious to all of you! So glad you had that time right after b was born!

Anonymous said...

I don't think I have said it yet, but congratulations on your new job Mike. I hope it turns out well and not only provides a good living for your family but will be something you enjoy doing over the long haul.

Amy said...

So cute about Brody! Your family is so blessed :)

Ann Hastings said...

YEAH for the new job... can't wait to hear all about it :)
Brody is too cute, I just love his personality! Keep the stories coming!

Wendi said...

Brody is so cute!

laura said...

I had fun talking with you tonight. Hope you are enjoying Brody's candy!

I left you some new blog titles a few posts down! Hope I've helped in some way.

Steve and Joan said...

Was Brody still awake when Mike got home from the game? Was he still sitting "just like this"?

I sure do enjoy your family living so close!

Mike, I hope you really enjoy the challenges of your new job.

Tell Brody I miss him from CA!

Daddy Steve