Monday, October 20, 2008

I need your help!

It has been brought to my attention that we no longer live in a "Log Cabin in the Plains". As much as I love the name, I think it's time to change the name of our blog to more accurately reflect our life. This is where you come in. I need ideas. What would be a great name for our blog? (Please do not use our last name in the title you suggest.)

To make things more interesting, I'm making naming our blog into a contest! Leave a comment with your suggestion for a title. If I pick your title you'll win a $20 Amazon Gift Card!

That's right! I'm giving away a $20 Amazon Gift Card to the winner!!!!

Feel free to enter as many times as you want. Let the creative juices flow...

*edit*
Here's a little about us (for new readers). We now live in the great state of Texas. We love anything outdoors (especially mountains). We love spending time with our family and put a huge importance on our relationship with Christ and the effect that has on every aspect of our lives. I don't want to limit the blog title to something having to do with our 2 boys since there might possibly be more children in our future. When Mike was telling me what he thought a blog title should relay about our family he said, "Outdoorsey, Texasey, Mountaney, Rustic..." I don't think any of those are real words though! LOL!

17 comments:

Jennifer said...

Well, I need some more information :) haha What are you guys doing down there, what kinds of things are you involved in, etc..... !
I've enjoyed reading about your family recently. Glad to have "found" you again.

suzspeaks said...

hmmm.....I'll be thinking!!

Amy said...

I'll have to think about this too.. although, my blog is named "Amy and Jared" so you can obviously see how creative I am. lol

Kyle & Susie Rhodes said...

Off the top of my head, what about:
-"Country family from Kansas meets city life in Texas"
-"Our journey of faith through the musings & memories of life in TX"
-"Workout woman, computer man, & kids"

If I think of anything more, I'll be sure to post. It's hard to think of a blog name! Hope this gets everyone elses creative juices flowing!

Anonymous said...

This is not the best suggestion--I will have to think of another. My first thought was Sunflowers to Bluebonnets. There were some beautiful Sunflowers around your Kansas home. A picture of your boys in a Bluebonnet field would make such a beautiful cover for your next book.

Jessica said...

Adventures in Texas :). Okay, okay, trying harder: Texas Mountaintops. Climbing the Plains. One Plain at a Time, Sweet Jesus (j/k!!). Maybe I'll try again later. ;) Only if you're lucky, right? lol.

Julie said...

"I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore... Following Christ down the yellow brick road"

"I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore... Following Christ with the munchkins in tow"

That's all i've got for now :)

Ann Hastings said...

I'll have to think on this... Tyler will be better at coming up with something :)

Anonymous said...

The Texas Fourteeners

Rebecca said...

How about:
Born Again Texan

laura said...

Log Cabin in the City

Jennifer said...

Country Hearts in the City

(I do like gg's suggestion, though!)

Okay, I'm blank now. I'm really not very creative!

MerrittTimes said...

Three Men and a Little Lady

Steve and Joan said...

"The Reasons I Smile"
"Joyful in Texas"
"Truth Training in Texas"
"Hearts of Christ in the Heart of Texas"
"Peak Experience in Texas"
"Family in Extreme Paradise"
"Taking the Scenic Route of Life"
"South of the Red River"
"Where We Live and Play"
"Blogposting from Texas"
"Our Southern Migration"


Hmmm... my imagination just slowed down... more later!

Dad

Shauna said...

Our Rustic Reality

Sonja said...

Mountain Over the Hilltop

laura said...

Log Cabin in the City:
Same people, New City (or town or home or location) or Country People Living the City Life

Rustic Roots:
From Country to City, We're still the same people.

Rustic Roots:
Country Living in the Busy (or Big) City

Happily Hiking:
Family in Tow, Through the City We Go.

Happily we Hike:
Family in Tow, Through the City We Go.
-----------------------
Feel free to switch tag lines with Titles or make new titles with the tag lines! Hope I helped.