Monday, October 06, 2008

Girls Weekend 2008

This weekend was the 2nd annual Girls Weekend with some of my girl friends. We first met over 3 years ago on BabyCenter. We now have a private message board with a close knit group of friends. We talk every day...and talk about everything! Last year we met up in Chicago and this year they came to Texas! Everyone on the board couldn't join us, but those who came had lots of fun (and not much sleep)!

On Friday I picked up Jessica at DFW and then Laura and Amy at Love Field. We drove back to our house and (because Amy requested it) stopped at Taco Bueno to get dinner. I guess I've talked about Bueno a few times and they just had to see what it was all about. I was glad that they really liked it! Brody entertained us for a while and then we left for Dad & Mom's house. They graciously opened up their house for us to use this weekend. It was great to have so much space to hang out (and it saved us money since we didn't have to rent a hotel room)! After we unpacked our stuff, we left for DFW again to pick up Anna. Her flight got in at 11 pm then we went back to Dad & Mom's and talked for another few hours before making ourselves go to bed.

Saturday morning we relaxed. Mom made us waffles and we just hung out until we got motivated enough to get dressed and head out for some fun. As we were leaving, Dad took our picture out front by the "picture tree". Laura & Amy (the pg girls in the front), Ann, Jessica, & Staci (in the tree) By the time we left, it was time for lunch. We headed to downtown Fort Worth and ate lunch at Joe T. Garcia's. It's a yummy Mexican restaurant and we ate WAY too much food. After lunch we went to the Fort Worth Stockyards and Stockyard Station. I wanted to do something with them that would scream TEXAS! I think the Stockyards accomplished that goal.
Laura (from Alabama), Staci (from Texas), Jessica (from Oregon), and Anna (from California) at the Stockyards. Amy (from Missouri) is behind the camera.
After spending several hours at the Stockyards, we stopped at an art festival that was going on downtown. Jessica & Anna were wanting some coffee so we made a visit to Starbucks in the downtown Barns-n-Noble.

We headed back to our house around 5 pm so that I could feed Barrett. Then we decided to get some burgers (Chapps) and rent a movie (Father of the Bride II). Before coming to Texas Jessica had requested Blue Bell ice cream. Apparently they don't have Blue Bell in non-southern states. By the time we stopped talking enough to watch the movie, we had enough room to eat ice cream.

We stayed up late again on Saturday night talking. Sunday morning we had to head to the airport pretty early. We stopped at Starbucks so that the coffee addicts (Jessica & Anna) would be able to stay awake for their day of travel. I dropped off Anna, Laura, & Amy and then took Jessica back home with me since she didn't fly out until after 6 pm. It was fun to get to spend the afternoon hanging out with her. I wish the other girls had been able to stay longer!
It was so much fun to get to hang out with the girls that I talk to every day. I'm already looking forward to our get together next year!

7 comments:

RaeAnn said...

That's great that you guys are able to get together and have a good time! That's awesome that you made friends online!

Laura said...

It was such a fun weekend!! I really enjoyed getting to meet your family. I can't wait until the next one!

Amy said...

I had such a great time. Your family is so wonderful. A BIG THANKS to your parents for hosting us. They made us feel so comfortable at their home. I'm looking forward to next year's too!!

Jamie said...

Can't wait to join ya'all next year! Look I even had the southern accent down and missed using it.

Anna said...

I had such a great time too! I loved meeting your family, and felt so welcomed in your parents home! I can't wait for next year!

Ann Hastings said...

Glad to hear y'all had fun :)

Anonymous said...

Love your haircut Staci. And somehow...I'm missing seeing Barrett and Brody. We've got to remedy that SOOON!