Monday, July 16, 2007

Walking without teeth

This weekend was busy! We hosted the 14U and 16U State Softball Tournament this weekend. Mike was wanting to work on the upstairs bathroom, so I took Brody with me. RaeAnn's sisters and mom watched Cheyenne and Brody while we worked out at the ball diamonds. Saturday the kids had a lot of fun playing together (see RaeAnn's blog for pictures). Yesterday Brody was pretty fussy. These teeth are going to be the end of me! Sundays are always hard (schedule wise) and yesterday was no different. He only had one 45 minute nap all day long! No naps combined with the teething tends to make a baby a little fussy. It sounds like he and Cheyenne still had fun yesterday. I stopped by RaeAnn's house to nurse him around 4:00 and they were outside playing in the baby pool. Brody must have been having fun because as soon as he hugged me he went right back to the pool! The exciting part is how he got back to the pool......he walked! We've seen him take a step here or there...but this was an all out walk of 5 or 6 steps! I was so excited to get to see it!

Mike worked on the bathroom all weekend. He won't let me see it (he calls it his Ty Pennington room...you know how Ty has a secret room on Home Makeover that he won't let anyone see until the end?). I'll be sure to post pictures whenever he lets me see it :)

As of this morning Brody's teeth still haven't come thru yet. He woke up at 3:30 am (15 minutes before my alarm went off) and was really hot to the touch. I gave him some Motrin and then he just wanted me to hold him (very unusual for our active little boy). I ended up taking him downstairs to our bedroom and had Mike hold him while I got ready for work. He finally fell asleep when I was almost to work this morning and as of right now (5:55 am) he's still asleep. With as little sleep as he got yesterday, I'm hoping he'll sleep for awhile this morning so I can get a lot done!

10 comments:

Teri said...

sounds like a busy weekend. yippee for Brody walking. The teeth will errupt eventually, he won't go to kindergarten toothless!

Anonymous said...

I would be worried. Ty does some weird things on that TV show. The room may look like one giant football.

Steve and Joan said...

Brody is changing so fast! I wonder if he will be running the next time I get to see him?

Be sure and give him some of those teething buiscuits. They may be the same as Milk Bones. Check the price and see which one is cheaper.

Dad

RaeAnn said...

I'm glad Cheyenne and Brody were able to play this weekend. Hope he gets his teeth in soon!

Anna said...

So sorry about the teething...it is always hard on Holden...he's now getting his molars...fun..fun...

YAY! For walking!

Anonymous said...

Yea for Brody walking!!! We will be looking for a video now!!! Hope the teeth come in fast. I know the teething period is hard on everyone!!! Thanks for the post. We love y'all and give Brody a hug and kiss for us. I knew he would be walking the next time we saw him!!! The last time we saw him he was just a tiny baby, sleeping all the time.

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a really busy day. Sunday's are always busy around here too, but very fun!

Amy said...

I can't believe Brody is walking! What a big boy!!!

Unknown said...

Yay for Brody walking! He is getting to be such a big boy! Sorry about the teeth. It is amazing what havoc those little suckers can wreak on babies. Have you tried teething tablets? When Jackson's teeth got bad, the teething tablets worked wonders. They have chamomille in them, so I am pretty sure they just knock the baby out. We were ready for a little sleep by the time we tried them.

Also, I liked your trip pictures from a couple posts back. And Jackson is still obsessed with balls.

Ledbetter Fam said...

Yeah for Brody! I hope to see him walking sometime soon. From what I understand, his nap this morning didn't last as long as you had hoped. So sorry about that! I hope that he is sleeping well for you tonight. Love you and can't wait to see you soon!

JB