Thursday, July 26, 2007

Taking it in

What do you think of when you think of someone smelling like the great outdoors? Usually I think of the guys when they get back from playing football...or little boys coming inside sweaty and stinky!

Last night Mike went outside to move some water on the grass. It was a warm, sticky summer night. When he came back in the house he sat down beside me on the couch. It was about bed time for me. As I leaned over to give him a hug goodnight...I could smell the great outdoors. The smell of the wind with a tinge of sweat. Normally this would gross me out and I'd say something like "I think you need to go change your shirt!". For some reason last night...it just smelled right. It was the smell of my man after a days work...work that he did for our family! It caused me to pause for a few minutes just to lay my head on his chest and take it in.

6 comments:

RaeAnn said...

Sometimes things just hit you at the right moment and make you greatful for the little things in life.

Amy said...

I like that smell too :)

suzspeaks said...

That is precious. What a good reminder!

Anonymous said...

Good thing you are going to have some "girl time" this weekend. It must be long overdue!

Unknown said...

I kind of like that smell, too. Especially on sticky little boys. I think it is nice for a little boy to smell like outside because he has been playing so hard instead of sitting in front of the TV or a video game.

Rebecca said...

That's really great. I'm not a fan of the sweat smell, but Mitch always sits on the chair in the dining room and reads a magazine or something for about 1/2 an hour after working outside.