Sunday, July 22, 2007

Like Father Like Son

I walked into the laundry room the other day to find this: Brody found my headlamp that Mike has been using lately while working on the house. I guess he's seen Mike wearing the headlamp and wanted to be like Daddy. He did a great job getting it on his head, however, I think that Mike wears the lamp on his forehead rather than the back of his head!

Yesterday I walked into the living room to find Mike teaching Brody how to install memory in his laptop! He was giving step by step instructions. I snapped a picture just as Brody was helping Mike get the laptop back together.

Just so you know that Brody's like his mother too....
Brody LOVES to talk. He talks all the time (I've been told I was like this as a child too...Mike says I'm still like this). He tries new words every day. Besides "dada", "mama", and "ba" (for ball and to describe what sheep say), he also says "datch" for watch, "kkkkk" for drink (he used to say "inkkk" but shortened it to just "kkk" to save time), "uck" for duck, and "a-000" for thank you. He also tries to say puppy, Remy, Trevor and will try pretty much any word that you try to get him to say (although most times it sounds nothing like what the word really is)!


As I'm typing this right now, Mike and Brody are wrestling on the living room floor....laughing like someone just told them the funniest joke they'd ever heard!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a sweet picture of Brody (closeup). He is so smart to figure out how to put that headlamp on (even if it was backwards). It won't be long before he will be working the computer, too. Mike is such a good daddy!!! Thank you for the post and the pictures.

Cindi Koceich said...

He is an angel baby! Isn't it the best thing in the world to listen to your children laugh and even better when it's because they are playing with their Daddy! What blessings!!!

Steve and Joan said...

Brody is a very intelligent little boy! I can't wait to hear him talking this weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see him!!! Are ya'll coming down soon?

Amy said...

What a sweet little boy.

Rebecca said...

He's going to be helping mike around the house by the time he's 2!

Anonymous said...

We were talking about ya'll this weekend at Brett and Amanda's house with the rest of your family. We had the dogs to entertain us but it would have been more fun with Brody. What a cutie pie!

Ledbetter Fam said...

That's so fun! I completely agree with Cindi. It is one of the best things to hear your children laughing, but so rewarding to see that your husband is playing with them and sharing in that laughter and happiness. I can't wait to see you this weekend!!!

JB