Thursday, January 24, 2013

Birthday Sky

Today I turned 33 years old. I went to the gym at 5 am (my normal routine), however, as a departure from my normal routine...I stopped by the donut store to get breakfast for us!  The boys reminded me last night that we're supposed to have donuts on special occasions...and they said my birthday counted as a special occasion.  After we ate, we went outside to wave bye to Mike as he left for work.  Suddenly Brody said, "WOW!!!!!"  I followed his gaze and looked up to see very bright white contrails all over the still dark sky.  It was breathtaking!  He insisted that I try to capture it with my camera.  I didn't have time to mess with my settings for as long as I would've liked, but I think you can see what we were looking it.  He was right...it was beautiful!
 
This was the perfect start to a wonderful day!  I got to have a special lunch with Daddy Steve and Namaw, Barrett spent all of his free time at school coloring a birthday cake for me and then asked Ms. Pam to give me an "It's My Birthday!" sticker that he insisted I wear the rest of the day, I had lots of calls/texts/Facebook messages wishing me happy birthday, I got to go to dinner at Rio Mamba with Mike and the boys (delicious!!!), and then I had a few presents to open.  I was surprised that the boys were able to keep a secret from me that they had gotten me an iPad!  So excited about that!  Not only is it a fun "toy"...I can also use it for work and school.  I've already installed an app that allows me to use it as a dual monitor while I work.  Pretty cool! 
Today was a wonderful birthday.  My favorite part was spending time with my loved ones.  I'm so blessed!

1 comment:

Leave It To Davis said...

Look at my post from today...I posted it last night during the middle of the night....the same day, we had an x right over our house...well, a little to the south. What are the chances? Cool!