Saturday, October 27, 2012

Mixed Tapes

When is the last time you received a mixed tape as a gift? The last one that stands out in my mind is one Mike made for me just after we got married… so over 13 years ago. I remember that it had the song "If tomorrow never comes" on it...but I have no idea where it is now.

The other day, Mike got a package in the mail from Mark & Angela for his birthday. Angela included a mixed CD that she made for him entitled "Jeep Drivin' Music". I think I was just as excited as he was about it! I love mixed tapes! It may be a gift that doesn't cost much…but it's a gift that took thought and time...and you think about he giver every time you listen to it!

One of the songs on the CD Angela sent is "Chicken Fried". It's a fun song to sing along with as you drive. Today the boys kept asking me to replay it while we drove around town running errands. Barrett is our music lover. He ALWAYS has a song in his head (and on his lips)! So, I wasn't surprised that he had Chicken Fried stuck in his head as we walked through Walmart. I was a little surprised though when he started singing the line "cold beer on a Friday night" over and over LOUD! Lol! I sent Angela a "thank you" text ;)

Since Mike was playing golf with some friends, I told the boys we could get dinner out. Any guesses what they wanted? Yep...fried chicken!

2 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

I love that song, too! Angela has good taste...as do your boys!

Mom said...

Keep singing Barrett - just watch your lyrics!